The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the beginning of my office Jungle Tank. Perfect time to start the journal as it has been snowing all day here in Maryland and no one is working.

So far, the tank and the light are up on the desk. Added the ADA Amazonia at lunch.

The plan:

TANK: Mr. Aqua 12 Gal Long
SUBSTRATE: ADA Aquasoil Amazonia - 9 Liters
LIGHT: Catalina Aquarium T5 Solar 1 Bulb 36"
FILTRATION: Eheim 2215
CO2: Deluxe AQUATEK CO2 Regulator with Integrated Solenoid
MISC: Manzanita Branch, Atomic CO2 Diffuser - 50mm, GLA Green Fertilizer Package: Micros & Macros, GLA Glass Thermometer - 5mm
HEATER: ????, need to find out if my office building is heated over the weekend. If not, inline heater to be ordered.

Plants on the way: Elatine Triandra from sjb1987! Going to DSM carpet most of the tank with this plant.
Also waiting on my Manzanita from PC1. Hopefully that will show up today so i can start playing around with the placement.

Rectangle Product Home appliance Gas Wood

Furniture Property Building Table Plant

·
Registered
521 Posts
The 12 long looks like it will be a perfect fit for that space! I can't wait to see it progress into your jungle!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
now with the addition of plants, i see the volume of people going even higher!

Here is today's update. Beautiful Elatine Triandra from sjb1987 came exactly at noon today. Perfect timing to plant on lunch break. Sean did an excellent job packaging and shipping it, it came looking perfect.

Full tank shot

Plant Water Rectangle Wood Yellow

Overhead shot

Plant Terrestrial plant Rectangle Grass Tints and shades

gave it a mist over and sealed it up with saran wrap!

Rectangle Pet supply Wood Fish supply Gas

next up on monday, flame moss and fissidens for the manzanita!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts