The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of these could I put in a heavily planted 120gal tank? I know when they get larger and start to pair off they become territoral but how much room do they really need by themselves? Thanks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
hello, ill give this a shot. my personal opinion on this madder would probably be about 4 pairs seeing as the tank is 6 feet long right ?( i have two 125s) and i used to have a 5.5 gal with 15 ghost shrimp ,a dozen white clouds, 5 platys, 2 blue rams, and 2 german blue rams , oh and cant forget i have a albino BN pleco , and a clown, fully planted. so it can be done.

jordan

·
Registered
888 Posts
the tank is 5ft long. Thanks joejoe. Anyone else here keep multiple pairs of blue rams in the same tank?
At the moment, I'm waiting for 3 pairs to replace the 3 pairs that were killed from series of CO2 leaks. The most number of rams I had kept in my 4 feet was 4 pairs.:proud: No issues with them.:) The only problem I have with multiple pairs is that new fish like tetras will have no way to escape their aggression considering they treat new fish as intruders.:( But I accept the fact that new fish will always be considered intruders. I'm trying to add the characins first before those rams are added or else the rams will end up killing several tetras again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts