The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with Geosystem substrate. Ive tried looking everywhere for information and i cant find anything. The only hit i got on this site was from a question that was never answered. The hagen site says that the gravel has trace minerals and may buffer ph. The site also says that after some time the buffering capabilities will dissippear as the substrate matures. I was wondering what anyone thinks about this. Im just wondering because the only lfs no longer carries flourite or eco complete or any of the good stuff. It carries geosystem substrates and clown puke gravel. Someone please give me some ideas about this substrate because i need to know very soon if i should put an order in for fluorite. The tank is at my moms house and she cant stand it being there anymore (currently it has clown puke gravel and i would like to change it).
Thanks

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Never heard of it before now. Sounds like a lot of hype to get You setup with all Hegan stuff. If the LFS is only selling these "Kits" now---then its all about the $$$$.

You are going to have a tough time getting advice on a setup with variables that people are not familiar with. I use flourite in several setups. I like it. If You have no objections to the color or anything else--I would recommend just going with a Known factor: The Flourite.

Sorry, I cannot be of more help on the "Geosystem"........

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea thanks. Thats what i was thinking. It looks like im going to be ordering the flourite online or picking some up during the upcomming vacation... if i can find any at other shops. I did some more research on this stuff and it seems like the geosystem substrate is awsome for african cichlids because it buffers PH and keeps it stable over a long period of time. It also comes in a variety of grain sizes and colours so people can mix and match and make whatever kind of substrate texture they would like. I think i will follow my gut and everyones experience here and go with the flourite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.