The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have a rock gem and mineral show in springfield every october and picked up some really neat geodes for just .50 to a buck and some quartz crystal and tiger eye and lace agate stone.

My son loved beating them with the hammer to open them. lol Maybe we could fit one in.

I had no idea if they could be used and really didn't intend on using one but always wondered.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I think the glitter of geode druzy would look so cool in a tank - maybe tucked in some obscure corner where it's not screaming at you. You've got me wanting to try it!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have some big amethyst geodes but I wouldn't know where to put em!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a piece of amethyst geode too but just didn't already have a pic of it.

I've always wanted to do a tank like the one in the movie "All about the benjamins" with the tumbled glass and glass boulders. Just for the crystal look and shine. Too expensive and not practicle for us.

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
I thought about setting up a 10 gallon tank with sand substrate, geodes and then slate and agate slices hanging with fishing line from an eggcrate top
If done properly that could be quite awesome!

Jewel cichlids you'd be a pretty good fish for that tank!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.