The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my name is Jeff. I have been reading through this forum for awile, lots of good advice. I have a 75 gal. tank, Marineland c-360 filter, HD dimand plate shop light with 2 32w bulbs, pool filter sand substrate, some drift wood, and some plants (can't remember the names).
I am using api root tabs. I am haveing a hard time with BBA and thinking about putting together a co2 system, to help with plant grouth and the BBA.
I have a Victor singal stage ragulator that I can use, any advice on using it would be great.
My goal is to have a good looking planted tank with out going broke to get it lol.
sorry for the spelling and the rambuing just trying to give all the info I can.

·
Registered
969 Posts
you can read up on settign up CO2 on rex's planted tank guide. Its pretty straightforward but you really should invest in both a solenoid and needlevalve. It will save you a ton of time. Also, get a CO2 tank, not a paintball tank. I love the look of ceramic disk diffusers so i use them. You will also need a diffusion method, dont jsut bubble it in via a tube. highly inefficient. BBA is usually fluctuation CO2, so get that CO2 up!

Also its a lot cheaper to go low tech. You can still have a beautiful tank if you plan it right. But dont expect to be able to grow more demanding plants in low tech.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. I plan on getting everything for c02 over time (short on funds). I would like to stay low tech because of money.
I have read alot about low tech, it is hard to piece together what I need to do to have a good low tech tank. The light I have is because of what I read on here. I'm not sure what to do about fertilizers? I am sure I will have more ?s as I go, so bare with me. I will post some pics when i can. thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bba

When I had no regulated CO2 system setup, I had BBA.
Consider to use the Excel overdose, and google some info for overdoing excel.

my name is Jeff. I have been reading through this forum for awile, lots of good advice. I have a 75 gal. tank, Marineland c-360 filter, HD dimand plate shop light with 2 32w bulbs, pool filter sand substrate, some drift wood, and some plants (can't remember the names).
I am using api root tabs. I am haveing a hard time with BBA and thinking about putting together a co2 system, to help with plant grouth and the BBA.
I have a Victor singal stage ragulator that I can use, any advice on using it would be great.
My goal is to have a good looking planted tank with out going broke to get it lol.
sorry for the spelling and the rambuing just trying to give all the info I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.