The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured it's about time to get this thing rolling... little over a month and a half away... who's ready?!

Please post any WTT/WTB/WTS ads in this thread
If posting any WTT/WTS/WTB ads, please use BIG RED BOLD LETTERING in the first line to distinguish it from other posts.
Be sure to exchange contact info prior to the event in case someone shows up late!

Map of parking lot:
Going to try to use the same spot as usual, but we've seemed to be creeping closer and closer to the doors the past few times. Just keep an eye out for a group of people standing along the back row of cars there.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PlantNewbster,

There usually is a shrimp vendor at the Swap who has a whole variety of shrimp. His RCS look very nice (very red) and only $1 each. Also, the cichlids you listed may also be available for purchase from some of the vendors at the Swap as well. When it gets closer to the date, GCCA usually posts all the vendors who will be there, what they are bringing, and how to get in contact with them to pre-order from them. I'll keep the main Swap Meet thread updated when I see it up on their site

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
WTS:

4G Finnex Aquarium - $30 **MUST PREPAY THROUGH PAYPAL PRIOR TO SWAP MEET**
• 12 1/4"L x 7 3/8"W x 10 3/8"H
• 26 Watt Energy Saving Light w/ Night View Blue LED
• Extra bulb for light
• 30 GPH Power Filter

Great for any freshwater or saltwater aquarium (used for saltwater)

If you have any questions, please ask!

Tank:

Filter:

Light:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
WTS:

Aqueon Evolve 4 - $25 **MUST PREPAY THROUGH PAYPAL PRIOR TO SWAP MEET**
• 9 3/8"L X 9 3/8"W X 9 3/8"H
• Acrylic
• Small fish tank conceals all filtration and cords behind the overflow wall at the back

If you have any questions, please ask!

Tank:

Light (3 white LEDs are out):

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUESTION!:

How does everyone want to handle the Meeting Spot for this Swap? Elli brought up a good point that it still probably will be cold out and it wouldn't be a good idea to be standing outside for 30-60 minutes chit chatting and swapping. Would it be better to for all of us to meet inside in the lobby of the hotel or should we just play it by ear for now until we see what the temperature is going to be? Opinions please!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Frank,

You make a good point. I was thinking about playing it by ear and updating everyone on this post once we see what the weather actually is because this is Chicago, it could be 50º one day and then 10º the next... you never know.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The current weather forecast is putting us at between 25-30* with a 40% chance of snow. Everyone think we should just meet inside in the hallway where the ticket line forms?
I'll probably wait until Wed/Thurs and make a decision. I'll make sure it's easy to spot in this thread

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
MEETING UPDATE:

NOAA says that it will be a high of 26º on Sunday, which honestly isn't too bad. We are still meeting in the parking lot! It'll only be for about 30-45 minutes so it won't be too long. No wimps or whiners!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
8:45am found my rear tire flat, tried to inflate it but it's a sidewall hole can't be fixed. I rather be at the swap than Discount Tires. Hope you all enjoy the Meet & Greet.
Sorry to hear about that. We were all wondering where you were at too. You never seem to miss one of these. Hope you got the tire fixed and we will see you at the next one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts