The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finding this most peculiar, the male keeps moving eggs from the leaf litter to the sponge filter and the female keeps moving them back. They've been doing this most of the morning, moving them back and forth. Is this a harmless domestic disagreement or something more? It is day 3.

Youtube video:

Mikrogeophagus Ramirezi
German Blue Ram GBR
Spawning, fish eggs, Cichlids

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay, I'll keep watching them. They seemed to have chilled out and agreed to keep them on the leaf... for now. They also appear to be hatching. Hard to see but looks like they're wiggling. Never seen this before. Just looks like they're vibrating. I think I can make out a flagellum looking tail.

Why remove the female and not the male?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
okay, I'll keep watching them. They seemed to have chilled out and agreed to keep them on the leaf... for now. They also appear to be hatching. Hard to see but looks like they're wiggling. Never seen this before. Just looks like they're vibrating. I think I can make out a flagellum looking tail.

Why remove the female and not the male?
They are in the "wiggler stage" - normal. They will be there for 2-3 days before going free-swimming.

In my experience, the males of this species are much better at tending to eggs and fry than the females. They dont eat them as much. :grin2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.