The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have German Blue Ram that has some sort of issues. It has a very enlarged area around where a human would have a stomach. I have bought fish in the past and was able to remedy this with high temperatures (82-84) degrees and Epson salt.

I don't have a picture because this fish hides. I bought it with issues thinking, no big deal, I have had this before. It seems like I need to "de-worm" but I don't really understand that, nor do I know if it is right. I am transferring it to another tank, not for any other reason than it ended up in a tank I didn't want it in for convenience issues. I will do my best to take pictures if it doesn't hide.

It was something I saw when I bought it but not as bad as it is now. Again, it hides so I didn't see it. Please let me know what I need to show you to get good advice. Hopefully it will be out more in this tank and I can snap some pictures.

·
Registered
749 Posts
It could have a swim bladder issue or a blockage. If you have any frozen peas you can thaw them out and remove the skin off of them and feed them to your ram, peas can help cure swim bladder issues. I can't remember what exactly helps with blockage, maybe feeding them some type of oily product so it helps lube things for them to pass whatever is blocking them up.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What color is it?

If its pink it might be full of eggs.
It's pink but it was this way when I bought it, probably 2 months ago. As I said, I never really saw it so I didn't know it was still like that.

I just transferred it to a new tank, hopefully I can get a shot of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.