The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I pulled the plants from my 90 gallon to rework it and awoke to a bunch of my prized rainbows gassed in the morning. Every fish in the tank was at the surface, so I cut the co2 and started some turbulence on the surface. The problem corrected pretty fast, so all it good now.

The point of my story is that I had a breeder trap holding a bunch of fire reds hanging on the rim of my tank until I got a tank set up for them. That never happened and over a few months all the shrimp went AWOL. I assumed my rainbows picked them off, but this morning they were all gathered at the surface clinging to plants and wood. I was able to gather a few dozen I never knew I had. I think this has been mentioned before, but gassing seems to be a good way to exterminate shrimp in a tank. I saved all mine for the most part because I caught the tank in the nick of time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.