The Planted Tank Forum banner
201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Well.. spent 2.5 hours pruning hte moss, rebuilding the slate wall on the right and adding a ton of moss to the right side (all from parts of the left side)

My fertilizing experiment has yielded some unusual results. Many plants turned nice and pink, and many reds have definately gotten brighter. A really nice effect of this experiment has also caused the cutting of the red plant on teh right (still havent identified it) to form a number of new stems. This plant went from a single stem to TWELVE in just over a week. The right side now has some nice red to it.

Click here for larger picture

The HC has started to really spread, but I know it would do a LOT better with some added nutrients. I'm going to continue my experiment and see what kind of effects I can get using different ratios of Macro's.

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Just thought I would share some pics I took tonight... nothing too significant... But some neat stuff. Sorry about the picture quality.. My glass needs to be cleaned (havent done it in a week) so its a little spotty.

Here is one of the female emperor tetras

Here is my Nymphaea lotus (zenkeri) that I recently moved in here. It wasn't doing well in another tank I had so I transfered it into here to bring it back. It's recovering quite rapidly and should look pretty nice in a month or so.

This is one of my favorite spots in the aquarium. I love the way the Eleocharis ''parvula'' blends into the HC with the Cryptocoryne x willisii peeking through from the back.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
OMG, your Apisto is gorgeus!!
my dbl red died:(, but my Orange flash is coloring up better now.

BTW: that's my favorite area of your tank too, now anyways. the moss is a nice accent to it too.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts