The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Garage is a 20x10

I have all the new panels cutout & all the brackets/rollers mounted. However I am stuck on how to do the torsion with the garage down & cables off.

It is very heavy for me to lift up, I tried to hook the garage door opener & let the torque from that pick it up but all it does is try to bow out the panel. So now I am stuck with a fully assembled garage that doesn't open :/.

I did not mess with the torsion (original) at all. What I did to remove the cables were open the original garage all the way up, then loosen the two screws on the pulley & remove the cable. Then I kind of just let the garage slam to the ground & the started to remove everything.

I Tried looking up videos on youtube but all i found was how to set the torsion of the spring :/

·
Registered
763 Posts
The simplest solution is take the panels loose from one another then lift them one at a time til you get all 4 up to top..use vice grips on each side of tracks to keep from sliding back down...hook them together...then reattach cables. Fully open door has just enough tension on springs to stay up.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I ended up pushing the garage up as the garage opener helped pull it back & from there I used a bar to tension the spring a little, then install the lines to the pulleys & tighten. Garage works great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts