The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought 5 rasbora and I'm pretty sure 2 are male and the rest female. I added them a day ago to a group of neon tetras and the females have fitted right in, shoaling with the tetras whereas the males are only seen just cruising back and forth. Could it be to do with the reflection of themselves?

· Planted Tank Nation
889 Posts
The only answer I have for you is sometimes it just takes a few weeks. I have had fish do this for a while, upwards of a month, then just stop randomly and start swimming around normal. I have also seen previous threads like this where the nearly identical thing happen. Patience is my only advice here, I wish i could tell you more.

· Registered
3,399 Posts
As long as they aren't "flashing" or swimming at odd angles etc I wouldn't worry to much.

If you have Cory catfish you have probably seen them randomly rush the surface and break the surface... If not... Well it's funny and a little weird

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.