The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have CPDs & Cards in my 58 community tank. The CPDs are more outgoing than the Cards most of the time. They eat right next to the Discus. They don't seem to live forever in large groups in that tank, but the ones that do live live long. I think it's the 78* tank temp because I also have a 10 gal CPD/EDR tank that only runs around 74* & everyones been there for at least a year. Cards & CPDs are both relatively sensative fish. It may be the tank conditions & not necessarily the tank mates.

Tommy

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have CPDs & Cards in my 58 community tank. The CPDs are more outgoing than the Cards most of the time. They eat right next to the Discus. They don't seem to live forever in large groups in that tank, but the ones that do live live long. I think it's the 78* tank temp because I also have a 10 gal CPD/EDR tank that only runs around 74* & everyones been there for at least a year. Cards & CPDs are both relatively sensitive fish. It may be the tank conditions & not necessarily the tank mates. A 29 is pretty big for such a small bioload. 0 Nitrates is not normal. The tank may not be completely cycled yet & the more sensitive Cards & CPDs can't take it.

Tommy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts