The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw some galaxy danios at my LFS, and I must say this is a beautiful newer species of micro fish. I wanted to get about 10 but at $8 each this seemed like a steep investment for a fish I know nothing about.

Anyone have any experience with these guys, I'd love to hear any input you may have!

·
Registered
577 Posts
There is a TON of information on here about them, try searching "galaxy rasbora" and "celestial pearl danio" or "Danio margaritatus".

I've had some for about a year and I love them, they are the fish that got me seriously back into fish keeping.

They're pretty shy but if you give them some dither fish they will be a lot more at ease.
Mine love New Life Spectrum 0.5mm "small fish" food and I give them some Repashy community blend for variety.
They prefer a fairly heavily planted tank with plenty of hiding spots and not too much flow, I had a Fluval 206 canister filter on my 27 gallon tank and that seemed about right for them.

Depending on where you look, I've seen them for as low as $3-4/fish, in fact one of our members, msjinkzd seems to have some for sale right now at $3.50, listed as Danio margaritatus. You might want to contact her if you are interested in getting some.

They aren't for everyone but if you provide the conditions they thrive in you'll enjoy their antics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts