The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hate to break it to you Thadius but from the looks of your pics you have a nice group of females. Males have a deeper body color and their fin coloring is very distinctly brighter and more defined then the females.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Does that color difference change with maturity? These are pretty small. I wonder if anyone would be interested in a swap? Whats a good ratio of male to female?

If you have any males and wish to obtain females, please PM me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Color difference changes a bit with maturity...or it's just that they've been well fed and taken care of in your home aquarium, so that brings out their colors more. Darker substrates help bring them out too I've found. I've got 2m/4f in one of my tanks. But one male per 3-4f would probably be better so the males don't argue over territory and such. As for what your fish are thadius..I replied in the other thread. :)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I have noticed these guys stress really easy from the trips and after they settle in for about a week or so with good conditions and good good they look mazing afterwards.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
plantbrain, i was not talking about boycotting Captive/farm bred, but more wild caught.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Does that color difference change with maturity? These are pretty small. I wonder if anyone would be interested in a swap? Whats a good ratio of male to female?

If you have any males and wish to obtain females, please PM me.

I dunno about how much they vary with age. I initially bought a pretty small male and it's coloring was pretty predominant. Very distinguishable from females.
I guess with stress they could fade. but I have not noticed this to any degree. Even while bringing them home I was easily able to distinguish Fem's from males.

I have 7 total, 3 of are males. no breeding yet.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts