The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a nice group of Galaxy rasboras for a nice price. But it seems the only tank they might work in would be my 15g cherry tank.

Would a group of a dozen galaxys do considerable damage to a cherry tank or would I even notice? They get under a inch.

Also would cajan crayfish harm the tiny galaxy's?

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
The galaxies will do a good number on your baby RCS if your RCS were to ever breed. If you're looking to breed the RCS, galaxies are a no-no.

If you galaxies are active and are fast enough to avoid the crayfish, they'll be OK. I'd give the galaxies + crayfish thing a try...I doubt the crayfish could catch them.

·
Registered
477 Posts
My cambarellus shufeldtii don't bother my RCS at all and they're both bottom dwellers. I hardly doubt they'll try to 'run' down a galaxy rasbora.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I think the Celestials will do a good number on the RCS!

I have Boraras Merah which are about half the size of the Celestials and they will jump at shrimplets and I noticed some missing babies

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Yeah, just leave them at the LFS to die or for some unknowing soul to buy so it could become a decorative piece in someone's tank other than yours or better yet for someone to buy for their tank they just bought cause they want to keep fish.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I keep a group of 9 galaxys in my 8gal planted shrimp tank and these include cherrys.They dont bother the shrimp and vice versa although if the cherrys breed im sure they will eat any of the young shrimps that they can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts