The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to share my stupid moment with you guys (there have been many today).

I took out a bunch of plants out of my 55 gallon: a chunk of java fern, poly K, all of my Echno. Vesuvius :icon_twis, some moss and random stems for my new riparium. I took them upstairs and started to separate them on my bed.

Somewhere in this process, I went downstairs to get scissors and the trellis rafts and completely forgot about what I was doing. I just went up to bed to find a shriveled mass of plants, some chewed by my cat. Gah!!

Anyone else do something so..........blank, bleep, censored.......frustrating?

Well I am off with my sheets to change the bedding. Grumble, grumble.....

·
Registered
283 Posts
This is actually how I lost a ALL of the plants from my 10G during the teardown.

I had laid them on paper towels thinking it would only be a few minutes before I came back with water and bags. I ended up getting distracted by a phone call and had to get some equipment ready (during work hours at the office) and ended up not getting to come back to it until the end of the day.

Lots of Sunset Hygro, Hygro Difformis, Ludwiga Repens, and a small Java Fern and Anubais Nana.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
That actually has happened to me before, and I quickly resolved to never let it happen again. I now lay out all the plants I'll be working with in various tupperware containers filled with water. That's the type of mistake that only happens once, so don't worry. ;)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
done that before. now i have the dip and pour containers to hang on the tanks or to have around here to put plants in. we all do stupid things here and there.... from over filling the tanks to forgetting plants even fish.

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
I only done this once but never had the whole cat chew on them. Maybe you found a new form of Cat Nip in aquatic. :hihi:

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My cat is evil! She recently lost a bunch of weight (my mom fattened her up while I lived there) and she gets into everything! The other one is too interested in the birds outside to be bothered with the fish.

Here's the culprit:

Look at the "Who me?" look on her face. I think while I am at it, I'll blame her for not reminding me to put the plants back in the tank. I like the container ideas. Well, at least it helps with my collectoritis. :hihi: I just hate that I did that!

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
A few weeks ago, i took about 30 stems out of my 85g, placed them on a towel on the floor, and accidently stepped on them. Didn't realize i was stepping on them for a few minutes (i was siphoning the tank). :(

Obviously, they were unusable.

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few weeks ago, i took about 30 stems out of my 85g, placed them on a towel on the floor, and accidently stepped on them. Didn't realize i was stepping on them for a few minutes (i was siphoning the tank). :(

Obviously, they were unusable.
That sucks. Too bad they can't move out of the way or jump back into the tank for us. :icon_neut

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
My cat is evil! She recently lost a bunch of weight (my mom fattened her up while I lived there) and she gets into everything! The other one is too interested in the birds outside to be bothered with the fish.

Here's the culprit:

Look at the "Who me?" look on her face. I think while I am at it, I'll blame her for not reminding me to put the plants back in the tank. I like the container ideas. Well, at least it helps with my collectoritis. :hihi: I just hate that I did that!
:hihi: Oh how well I know that look :) Both my cat and a dog have perfected that look very well.
I dried up some of my moss and guess who's fault it was.... My cat he puked up a hair ball so I had to clean it up quick before my dog would do it for me and then I got side tracked... Bye bye nice chunk of Taiwan moss grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

p.s. my cat is doing a lot better he has a vet appointment next weekend to make sure he don't need more meds :)

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I came home to find my cat playing in the salvina and red root floater several times. Glad to hear your cat is doing better, funky. I wouldn't put it past my cat to go fishing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts