The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys and gals...
I've been browsing this forum for quite a while and have gotten lots of great information and have seen lots of beautiful planted tanks small and big..I just registered today and this would be my first post so I just wanna share some pics of my tank...I've been messing around planted tanks for a year or so and here are some of the many aquascapes that I did....

I did some prunning today and ended up with a new design...as of today the tank looks like this...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I really like them, pictures #1, 4, and the new design in particular. Is that Jungle Val? I have a 20g high as well, how often do you have to trim the val? I do all the time... :/ Hope my tank can look as good as yours eventually... what are the specs?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
nice scapes, what are the specs of the tank?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments guys...Hey Casty I don't have the jungle vals anymore, but they are really nice plants and very fast growing too...
Tank specs:
20 gallon US tall
Coralife PC lights 2 65 watt/6500k currently just using one bulb
2 Nutrafin Natural plant system unit w/ladder DIY mix
currently working on getting a pressurized CO2 unit
AC 50 HOB filter, 100 watt penguin heater
substrate, just regular gravel with seachem roottabs
Ferts doing the EI method with powder ferts KNO3,K2So4,MgSo4(epsom salt),fleet enema for P, trace elements and Excel
Ph 6.9
Kh 5.0
Co2 20-25 ppm...not very consistent due to the changing of the yeast mixture...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Great looking Tank. I like all the lay outs you've had. It gives me some ideas for my up coming 20 gallon project. One question I have ...... How many fish did you start with and of those how many do you still have.

Dan

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Dan...From the first pic the only fish on that group left are 3 rummynose tetras and 5 cardinal tetras...I used to have a few species of Apistogramma, but I eventually lost them all...Some laid eggs a few times, but never hatch..now I added 5 rummys making a group of 8, same group of cardinal tetras,3 pristella tetras, 2 black phantoms, SAE, and a clown pleco...Oh yeah went to add some rotala indica yesterday and here is a pic with all the plants settling down....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts