The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three of these lights on my 90 gal,and am very happy with the effect it provides,but I was disappointed when I found out that one of the bulbs (6700k) burnt out after only five months ,I mean I would understand if they go after a year ,but 5 months?luckily the replacement bulb was only $24 (CDN).
I know some you have these NO T5s ,my question is how long do you think is the life of these bulbs under normal 8 hours per day use?
don't you think I should have had a longer use out of it?
What do you think?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I have three of these lights on my 90 gal,and am very happy with the effect it provides,but I was disappointed when I found out that one of the bulbs (6700k) burnt out after only five months ,I mean I would understand if they go after a year ,but 5 months?luckily the replacement bulb was only $24 (CDN).
I know some you have these NO T5s ,my question is how long do you think is the life of these bulbs under normal 8 hours per day use?
don't you think I should have had a longer use out of it?
What do you think?
I have had mine for a year and it still hasn't burnt out. I normally have them on for 10-12 hours. However, I'm using a smaller version with 9W bulbs.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have two 30" T-5 fixtures with 2 bulbs each. The bulbs in one fixture lasted 13 or 14 months. The ones in the other fixture are still going at 15 months, -- I'm not sure if T-5 bulbs degrade over time in any way and if they should be replaced at a regular interval or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.