The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Well for those who know I have a Mini M tank and I am ready for buying my plants but this is the only obstacle in my way. I did some search on it but I took some picture's. Also I haven't ever seen this fuzzy stuff before. This is a pretty new tank so I would think it is because of the Cycling. I have seen a type of snotty stuff in one of my crayfish tanks but it doesn't look at all like in this tank.

Here are some pics:

Anyways thats what it looks like in my tank. Now I would like to know why it happened?

And how to get rid of it?

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot guys for the info.

I don't have any excel or ferts as well I will be making these tanks into shrimp breeders. But he washing off method seems pretty good. only thing is that it took me a good 40 minutes just to position all the wood I got in the Mini M. But still I want t get this baby planted.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow I'm glad I started this thread a lot of good material. ikuzo that's a really good link. I always new hat it had to do with the Nitrogen cycle. I guess it just takes a while for the bacteria to get all the way down into the would.

UPDATE-

Well yesterday I washed the wood really good with a toothbrush and got the majority off from what I was able to see. I wake up this morning and find that there is a good 1-2mm coat of the stuff. But I might go down to Petco today. Hopefully they will have excel. Is the brand Seatchem? I don't really know what the bottle looks like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts