The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
alright this is my problem. i have these white fuzzy stuff growing all over my tank on the glass, co2 diffuser, HCs, DHs, etc... i don't know what they are but i've been reading around and all i can get from the forum is 'fungus.' ok, then its fungus, but how do you get rid of them? specifictly, how do you get rid of them without killing your own plants? would bleach/water solution work? I have HCs and DHs, would the bleach/water solution kill them? i am worried about these fuzzies cuz it is slowly killing my HCs almost 20% of them are melting away. my dwarf hairgrass are not melting but they have the fuzzies attached to them.

i am waiting for my amazon soil from ADG to arrive and i'm about to transfer all my plants to my new 10g setup when the soil arrives. i'm just worried that i might contaminate, transfer the fuzzy white stuff into my new setup. what should i do? help. thanks for reading.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
it can't be fungus. It only grows on organic matter. Unless your whole tank is covered with oraganic matter?... just manually remove and do a massive water change.

a picture would be nice to see what it really is...

you can go to the drug store and get hydrogen peroxide. it's safer than bleach , i think.

your water must be messed up to have this happen... what are your water parameters?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i have a diy co2. i think that could've been it. MG, my para is 0-0-5 and pH is about 7.6-7.8, temp is 78 degrees F. i tried to get a pic but my camera right now is crappy, it won't show it'll just get blurry (cheap old sony). i think i need to filter out the initial co2 gas into a jar w/ water. i'm pretty new to the planted aquarium, i'm just trying to learn as i go along. i am about to transfer my plants from a 2.5g tank to a new 10g tank, would these fuzzy white stuff go away just on bleach water solution?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts