The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Has anyone used these fusion air pumps before? If so, what do you think of them? What model were you using and on what tank? What would you rate it on overall quality and performance?

I am looking for a good air pump that will run sponge filters on at least six 10 gallon tanks. If possible, I'd like to know if there is one that could run on twelve 10 gallon tanks. I am going to buy the fusion 700 and try it out but want to know what people think of it first and if there is anything better for the money.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not a fan of UG filters. Seems like too much work and will dirty the water too much if I'm just using air stones to run them. I'll only run them if I've got powerheads on top.

I looked all over for a thread on air pumps but couldnt find one for some reason. I thought this would be a big thread but I guess there is little interest. Its always been a question to me as to what air pump is the best for your money for bigger tanks or multiple tanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ive got the fusion 700....stored in its box in the closet where it belongs lol. Unless i got a faulty pump they simply suck!! The box states that it will run up to 12 airstones or air driven things,I wasnt happy with the output i was getting on just 3 small sponge filters. i dont see how they think this is going to run 12 things. I bought a tetra whisper for 30-60 gallon tanks and its stronger then the fusion.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive got the fusion 700....stored in its box in the closet where it belongs lol. Unless i got a faulty pump they simply suck!! The box states that it will run up to 12 airstones or air driven things,I wasnt happy with the output i was getting on just 3 small sponge filters. i dont see how they think this is going to run 12 things. I bought a tetra whisper for 30-60 gallon tanks and its stronger then the fusion.
Wow! I will not be getting it then! That sounds awful. Thanks.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks dbosman! I was just checking that one out. I think I'm going to pick that up once my tanks start adding up. It seems to be very powerful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.