The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I started dosing k2SO4. My water smells like antibiotic or something, pretty noticeable chemical smell. Anyone has similar experience?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, wasn't like swamp water. More like antibiotic or some med smell, except that I am not using any med at this point.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know that we (planted tank people) don't normally use charcoal, but this may be a good time to use it to pull the smell out of your water. of course this would only be a temporary measure but this may fix the problem.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Second Ramirezi

Yep, water is supposed to smell like..... water, not swamp, not gasoline or ether.

If you have kid watch them for experimetation, they watching you and like to imitate.

Try a little bit of that K2S04 dissolve in some clean water, you will see if it smell like the smell you notice.

Changing some water and temporary use of charcoal should get rid of any stuff that cause that smell....

You can try Purigen of Seachem, can be use permanently to eliminate nasty stuff without the nutrient depletion caused by charcoal use.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You can try Purigen of Seachem, can be use permanently to eliminate nasty stuff without the nutrient depletion caused by charcoal use.
But its says Purigen removes Nitrate also, dont the plants need Nitrate?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts