The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I came into work this morning, One of my Panda Cory's had a growth of fungus on his side. It looks red and irritated around the infection. I checked the water conditions and they are all good. PH is around 7.2, Ammonia and Nitrites are 0, Nitrates are barely readable. Co2 is around 10. The tank is heavily planted for a 15gal.

I am thinking this is from stress or injury. Yesterday, I had to remove 3 Macro shrimp from my tank. It would have been quite stressful for the fish as it took almost 45 minutes of chasing them around.

Since this is not related to dirty water, but just stress, should I treat in a quarantine, or let it go and hope it get's better. I have to do something today as I will not be here over the weekend and will only be here Monday next week.

I do have ghost shrimp and Oto's in my tank, so I have to be careful what I dose with if I am going to dose in the tank. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just getting back on to ask if those two med's would be the correct ones. I am heading to the store to pick them up along with one of those dip n' pours the stores use to scoop out the fish. I planned on hanging it inside the tank to keep the temp up. Do I need to put in a bubbler or anything for him to make it through the weekend? Will one of my small plants work for keeping a little o2 in there?

Thanks.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I think if you're putting just one Cory in one of those containers it should be fine w/out an airstone. Though a few plants would be nice to give it some place to hide/help reduce stress. (I'd throw away the plants afterwards, personally, just to help reduce the risk of transferring anything contagious back into the main tank.)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He did not make it. By the time my lunch hour hit, he had lost all of his color and was breathing heavily and laying on his side. When I got back from lunch, his eyes were glazed over and he did not appear to be breathing. I moved him to the holding tank, but I am pretty sure he is gone. I don't think med's will help any at this point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.