The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well First the gold ram eggs were all milky colored then half became clear with a black dot/line on them. I'm guessing those are the hatched ones since they appeared after about 2 days. Now the clear and milky ones are all intermingled and there is fungus growing. Its like a white poofy thing growing. How to I save the eggs?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
something like pimafix? Should I treat the entire tank or should I just put some on the eggs via eye dropper. And it shouldn't kill the babies right?

·
Registered
943 Posts
When it comes down to the question of whether you should treat the tank or directly squirt the eggs, I would recommend putting the eye dropper mid-level in the water over the eggs so it is in between the required range of dosing either way. You could also just dose at the top which would be the safest way. The only way you could kill the babies by doing this would be doing a squirt close-range when the dosing is supposed to be at the top of the water.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Are these eggs separated from the parents? IME the parents usually pick out and eat any infertile eggs.

If you can separate them out, you should go ahead and pull out any fungused and milky white eggs- these are goners anyways.

I've never used Pimafix with eggs so IDK if it's safe or not. If some eggs have already hatched out then if you give it one more day and no more eggs hatch I'd be pretty sure that the rest of the eggs aren't going to at this point. I'd remove them all rather than risk the fungus spread to the wigglers before they're free-swimming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts