The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
USB Fishbowl Makes Childrearing Look Difficult 582 Views

fishtank.jpgMarketed in Korea, this USB Fishtank is the perfect thing for a desk jockey that's too lazy to actually turn and take care of its fish. See, the USB connection hooks up to a software suite with a virtual fishtank, and whatever you do on the software fishtank—make bubbles, change the water temperature, or monitor the filter device—will be replicated in the actual fish tank.

Best of all, there's a monitor built into the tank so you can avoid even looking at it. Why not just cut out the actual fish tank and make this thing a software-only affair? – Jason Chen

·
Registered
420 Posts
stoooooopid

·
Registered
520 Posts
Can I get one with a "grow plants better" button?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Poor fish. All the shots have tiny baby fish in them acting as cycle pilots :( kind of an abusive contraption if you ask me. Maybe shrimp could eek out an existence, but even then this think looks like it holds a coke can worth of water with no filtration. have fun setting up any kind of viable biological filtration with stagnant water. it'll smell like an old sock in about 2 days with any kind of animal in it. This is worse than a goldfish bowl.

-Rich

·
Registered
276 Posts
There are many great possibilities for this. If it can be applied to a bigger tank, it can probably easily be accessed through remote access online and someone can manage their tank when they're on vacation or help someone out who is barely learning to take care of a tank. I think you all dismiss the idea too quickly. All it takes is a little creative thinking and tweaking to make this a very useful tool.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
But it can control and monitor your filter right? Then in a larger scale this would help monitor your tank and perhaps dose ferts online. OMG. Whoever makes this would make a fortune. If the price is right though. Would fetch a fair price.

It's like the Location Free Player for a fish tank lol

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I don't think it would be that hard, just designing a program, then you could make a powerstrip with switch/timers built in to run as the computer says, then plug your equipt. as needed.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
There are many great possibilities for this. If it can be applied to a bigger tank, it can probably easily be accessed through remote access online and someone can manage their tank when they're on vacation or help someone out who is barely learning to take care of a tank. I think you all dismiss the idea too quickly. All it takes is a little creative thinking and tweaking to make this a very useful tool.
exactly this is a freaking great idea. or at least a horrifically simple PC interface for your fishtank. If only it could be done on a slightly larger scale with diff options. or addons.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.