The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looky what we got!

There are apparently only 10 full blue rilis in the world (make that 11 now including TheShrimpLab's :D ).

Can't wait til these guys start breeding true.

·
Banned
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heck if I know, but the full blue rilis won't be stabilized for at least a year out if they even get them to start breeding true. That single full blue rili was 1 out of hundreds. They are being worked on to breed true, but how long it takes to do so is the real question.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Once they do start breeding true, do you think the same will happen to them as what happened with red rilis- they sold for hundreds, then $200, then $100, then $50.00, $30, $20, $10, and then a great shrimp dealer sells juveniles for $3.00. lol. Or will it be a slower process?

I'm eager to get a few red and blue rilis once they come down in price. They're very neat!

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
LOL MTS, I think all shrimpers have that disease.
Yup. Started with a few RCS shrimp from my petstore cause I thought they looked neat in my tank. Then I planted my tank. Then I got some crystals. Then I realized the crystals would like a lower pH, so setup a tank for them and got some high-grade blacks. Then I setup a 2.5gal I had around, then a 5.5gal I got given. If I get a tank for free or given to me, I have to set it up. lol.

·
Banned
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You should see me trying to sneak a new tank into my house and the look my husband gives me. lolol

Also, small explanation, I got information from my breeder that blue rili prices won't go down as fast as red rilis due to the fact that are what the japanese are mostly interested in and blue rilis have not yet been introduced to a majority of the population in Japan. Also, blue rilis prices will go up much higher before they even begin to drop. Because blue is a color thats usually extremely hard to have stabalize and breed true. Even now my breeder has an offspring percentile of 20% being green colored rilis and 40% or so being nice destinctive blue rilis and the rest being red rilis with slight blue hue.

But apparently these full blue rilis are the hardest thing to achieve in regards to coloration. Otherwise it would have been stabalized now since the first was back last year when silane showed it

What tends to happen is the blue cap and tail is lost in the preceding generations however there is a chance that could change because this time my breeder has a purpley red capped head which will likely throw out blue capped and tailed rilis.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.