The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep changing my mind in terms of what I want to do with the new 10g I plan on getting. Just yesterday, I had made up my mind that I was going to use a 10g hood with 13w cfls, but after changing my mind about the cap I was going to use (switching from Petco black sand to Quickcrete commercial sand), I want to go with the Fugeray-R since I'm saving money on the cap. For those that have this fixture, will the following plants grow under this light in a 10g?

jungle val
dwarf sag
garden variety rotala
ludwigia repens
pennywort
crypt

I am certain that the vals, rotala and crypts will do fine under this light, but I'm not sure about the dwarf sag, ludwigia and pennywort. I'm guessing they'll be fine, but I'd like some confirmation. Thanks.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I meant to put this thread in the lighting forum, but I figure it can remain here since this light fixture is generally used for low tech set-ups.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have a fugeray r on my aqueon evolve 8. Growing 3 varieties of hygro, Downoi, crypt parva, mini pellia, and a couple others.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I would think you would be ok, I don't have experience with all those plants and I'm not an expert so... :) I actually keep floating plants in my Evolve to break up the light as I get some algae. Plenty of light to substrate.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would think you would be ok, I don't have experience with all those plants and I'm not an expert so... :) I actually keep floating plants in my Evolve to break up the light as I get some algae. Plenty of light to substrate.
Good to know. I have floaters available to use from my other tank, but I want to avoid using them in the new 10g. Hopefully, a regular dosing of Excel will keep the algae at bay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts