The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to start a new thread instead of jacking someone else's, but I've been reading about FugeRay lately. So I've read from another thread, somebody said "Planted+ is dimmer than the Fugeray".

What I was wondering, is this from an optics point of view? I couldn't find out the wattage for the FugeRay planted+, but assumed it was close to, maybe a bit more with the deep reds, as the original Fugeray 7000k w/moonlights.

Therefore, when we say "dimmer", this means what we (our eyes) perceive as brighter? Not PAR, or what the plants actually use?

Does anyone know what the wattage on the planted+ fixture are vs the original fugeray? And PAR for the two? At one point, I found the PAR for FugeRay would be low light at 18" depth, but can't find that info now :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you search Google for ray 2 par it will list par for the ray 2 and fugeray. It will be posted by Lowe in a planted tank forum thread. Also from what I read the planted plus par is between the ray 2 and the planted plus. That's why I chose the planted plus. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have both the planted+ and original fugeray. The planted+ has 36W and the original has 24W. Keep in mind, both are 48" fixtures.

I have not notice any difference between the fixtures in regards to how bright or dim it is...but that could be me

I don't know the PAR for the planted+ and as for the original, I have to look for the PAR info again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.