The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Finnex fixture would be a better option for a 10g without CO2 - 20" Fugeray or 18" Ray II? I am new to this - and I want to plan on not doing CO2 on this tank (pressurized or DIY). Carbon dosing (Excel, otherwise), however, is definitely an option.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I am sure the RayII will be much too powerful for a 10 gallon tank if right on top you could hang it
If you go to their site and do a search on finned you will find plenty of info

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^Definitely. Since it sounds like the FugeRay itself might be more than enough light, and it is a little cheaper - I am more than happy with that. I was worried that it wasn't going to be enough.

I was just asking about the plant cover - because I hanging the light where I want to use it will be difficult, and I was going to try to go lidless on my rimless tank. But, I might need to modify that.

·
Super Moderator
17,002 Posts
Even with floaters, you may have to dampen the light of the FugeRay a bit if you aren't running pressurized CO2.

If you want to go rimless, there are several things you can do to cut down your light levels. From window screen to theatrical filters. All can be easily attached to the fixture and can be easily removed without causing damage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.