The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I don't know yet. I will have to open a spreadsheet and do some math.

I have thought that they could be handy for vals because they could help to keep them from running all over the place.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
You got my interest when someone mentioned a slightly larger version.
Maintaining angel tanks and swords do well in the scape but become unruly after about a year wreaking havoc on a tank to remove them. This should contain those roots allowing the removal of overly large plants without trashing the rest of the tank. Look forward to your products development.:proud:

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I got most all of these shipped out in bubble mailers via USPS First Class. I am still waiting to hear back from one or two folks with for addresses. I hope that you will all see them next week.

The plants grow reasonably well in these things, although the planter does seem to limit there eventual size because there is only so much room for the roots. Here is a shot of the open bottom of a Tank Planter with a Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia rooted inside.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
this would also limit the melting of crypts if you moved them right? Since the roots are in the same "substrate".
I don't think that I would make that claim. The tank planter could potentially lessen the shock of transplant for crypts by minimizing disturbance to the roots, but the plant would still be experiencing the other changes in environmental conditions that could trigger a melting response. Crypt melt generally isn't such a bad thing. Most all crypts will bounce back and grow again when their new conditions have stabilized, and they re-sprout with all new leaves.

Thanks again to everybody who responded with interest in the consumer testing offer. On Saturday I shipped them out to everyone on the list except for the one person that I am still waiting to get a shipping address from. They went out via USPS First Class, so you all should see them trickle in during the course of the next week or so.

Early this morning I posted a new offer for a "Mini Garden" combination package. This includes a greater number of the Tank Planters (5) at a price lower than the eventual retail price. Here is the link.

Tank Planters Introductory Offer

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I sent out a confirmation PM after mailing these things off, but so far I have only gotten two messages in response. I really hope to hear back from people who received these.

If you received one of the sample packs or if you are still waiting for it then please send me a PM.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts