The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

It’s me again and once again I took more than I can use. Yeah I went moss collecting; well it was supposed to be a Boy Scout canoe trip. But I saw moss that was nice and green and not common in the hobby, so I grabbed Some Really more than I can grow out at the moment. Since when you’re in a canoe in a river you might not ever see again, with a bunch of amazing moss, a little bit, turns into a lot, but there is soooooo much in the stream you really didn’t take that much. ;)

So here’s the deal. I’ve got some extra collected moss. It may be a bit dirtier than the normal moss you buy from others which is home grown, but this is well, wild. It has minimal algae and has been in QT for a week now and I need to move some of it. I’ve washed it twice so far and before I ship any I will hand wash the moss for at least 10-20 minuets before I package and send you it, so the chance of you getting unwanted critters in there is next to null. There is a chance some will make it though, so I would advise you to give it a rinse before it goes into your tank if you’re worried about that. If not then your fish have the chance to get a different snack.

I have Some:
Frontinalis(#3) AKA Willow
Size is approximately one baseball-softball. Exact measure will be added tomorrow.
Price: $20 per portion (3-4 May sell more not sure), I’m thinking of donating some back to my troop, they put up with me all weekend so if I make $50 I’ll give it back to pay for the rack of canoes we had to rent since the campsite was free. Everything else will go to my moss rack that will be made this summer!

Frontinalis(#4) AKA Willow
Size will be golf ball
Price: $30 (2)
Why? This is the large form Frontinalis you see here and there, I have a very small amount and if anything will only sell a max of two portions. Some has a little bit of algae but I will try to make sure you don’t get sent that part. This has been in my 55g QTing and is already sending out new growth. Is a bit on the “Not Perfect” condition side because it was grown in a wild stream…

I also have stringy moss, $10 per golf ball clump. ;)

Shipping is:
USPS Priority, $5
Express I believe is $15?

So PM, or post here. If something is close I'll do it by the time on either pm or post here. I have a feeling it won't be a problem though.:icon_smil

Will have pictures tomorrow sorry for the delay, had a friend over tonight and didn’t get pictures… Life’s hard on Friday nights :hihi:

Thanks,
-Andrew

PS. Sooner or later I’m going to be setting up a website… Sooner or later…

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some of the pictures of the moss... I just washed it some more last night an put it in my 55g, Its very clean. Looks great.

Pictures aren't too great though, sorry...

I still need to upload the pictures of it in my 55g and the other moss... Will have that in a little bit.

Thanks,
-Andrew

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
That is what I get from petco. Its a good moss. Clings well to rocks and wood.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what I get from petco. Its a good moss. Clings well to rocks and wood.
I'm surprised Petco has willow moss...

These are less common. Did you get the one thats seen in most pictures or a darker green one?

Thanks,
-Andrew

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
How well does this stuff grow in a lower light tank? Something like 50-100w (T-8) over a 40g with DIY CO2 and light ferts.

Edit: I meant for the first Willow Moss you have for offer, the $20.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I'm surprised Petco has willow moss...

These are less common. Did you get the one thats seen in most pictures or a darker green one?

Thanks,
-Andrew
I am not sure. Willow moss tends to die off. It seems important to cut away the good looking moss from the browning moss. The stuff I have from petco, after it grew out was green. I tossed it out when clado attacked.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the $10 come with the package? If so, I'm in! :D

Bump for great moss from a great guy.
Add $10 to your payment and it's yours ;)

That's quite a lot of willow moss for $20. :thumbsup:
Yeah its a LOT could easily make a 10g-20g full of moss!

How well does this stuff grow in a lower light tank? Something like 50-100w (T-8) over a 40g with DIY CO2 and light ferts.

Edit: I meant for the first Willow Moss you have for offer, the $20.
It should grow great. Most willow mosses are very easy to grow and require little to no effort. In my 55g I have no ferts or CO2 at the moment and I have a willow moss that was growing that was collected earlier in the year.:icon_roll But I wouldn't recomend my conditions to anyone...

Still all available, I'll get the rest of the pictures up tonight since I got home later from my eagle dinner than I expected.

Thanks,
-Andrew

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Thanks for the response Andrew. I'm going coral shopping tomorrow so I'll see what my budget allows after that. ;)

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the response Andrew. I'm going coral shopping tomorrow so I'll see what my budget allows after that. ;)

Alrighty have fun coral shopping!

Still plenty for sale... After I start and finish my 10 page report due tomorrow I'll post eh rest of the pictures...

Anyone know the real definition of procrastination? It's me.:icon_cry:

-Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts