The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ONE nano cooling fan for sale. Special ordered for someone but they never responded once I had it in stock.

So here is a nano cooling fan, works great on a 30c or any tank around 10 gallons.

Here's a picture:

Price is 30 dollars plus 5 shipping for a total of 35.

·
Registered
175 Posts
How exactly does this work? I'm confused here... where does evaporation or heat transfer occur?

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
How exactly does this work? I'm confused here... where does evaporation or heat transfer occur?

Pepetj
Santo Domingo
Lights can sometimes get pretty hot... having a fan blowing across the surface of the water can usually decrease the temperature of the water by several degrees. Fans are more commonly used on reef tanks because of the lower temperature requirements, though they can be great on freshwater tanks as well.

I think that's what you were asking? Correct me if i'm wrong. :hihi:

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, the part that is hanging vertical is the part drawing in the air, and it focuses it against the water through the part hanging over the side. It works very well

·
Registered
430 Posts
I can't vouch for this particular model, but I can vouch in general for the use of fans to keep your tank cool, especially shrimp tanks. I can have my rooms thermostat set to 78, and with a small fan blowing across the top of the tank the water hovers around 72-74.

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
This fan kept my 30C at rock solid 75 when my house was 85. I had it on a timer from 3pm to 8pm. Works great. I took it off my tank because I took the high grade shrimps out only Fire Reds and Chili Rasboras left and they don't mind 80s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts