The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's time to trim my tanks and sell the proceeds. All my plants are grown in soft water condition
  • Limnophila Aromatica - $0.75/stem (ALL GONE)
  • Blyxa japonica - See picture below. They are big and dense. $5/plant ([STRIKE]10[/STRIKE] 5 available)
  • Staurogyne - pointed leaf, slow growing, ideal for midground - $5/stem (ALL GONE)
  • Lobelia cardinalis 'small form' - One more slow growing midground plant - $2/stem (5 available)
  • Tonina fluviatilis - $4/stem (10 available)
  • Tonina lago grande - $4/stem ([STRIKE]8[/STRIKE] 6 available)
  • Rotala sp 'butterfly' - The true one. See difference with Rotala indica in the picture - $1/stem ([STRIKE]15[/STRIKE] 12 available)
  • Rotala rotundifolio/indica - $0.50/stem (ALL GONE)
  • Rotala macrandra - $2/3 stems (ALL GONE)
  • Rotala russila - This is not hornwort. Compare leaf form with hornwort to see difference. This plant is beautiful but grows pretty slow. Very different than any other rotala I have gotten my hands onto. - $5/stem (ALL GONE)

Blyxa japonica

All plants will be shipped between tomorrow and Wednesday. Next shipping after Wednesday would be on next Monday. Shipping is $6 for priority mail. No heat/cold packing available and shipping cost cannot be refunded in any situation so check your weather. I will refund cost of plants if they arrive within 2 days and are dead but you will need to send me picture of the package and plants on the same day they arrive.

Payment by paypal only. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Otherway. Submerged form has long leaves. Iron and high light produces red color. Arial form is round leaf. Have a look at the tropica link I sent.

And if you have never grown indicas you should try some. They are beautiful :)

So you grew them out of water and then put them in water for pics?

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
If it helps clear things up, R. indica and R. rotundifolia used to be synonyms. They've now been properly ID'd and separated into two distinct species (the ones bsmith linked above)

·
Banned
332 Posts
Ahh, I think the difficulty here is not one of intentional obfuscation. Remember the names have changed over time. The rotala indica as the links provided by malaybiswas indicate would be termed rotala rotundifolia to many of us here on this forum and my understanding is that it has been reclassified as such.

At some point in the recent past, another plant formerly called ammania sp. bonsai was reclassified as the true rotala indica. According to my knowledge of the nomenclature, bsmith regardless of his rather challenging tone is correct.

However Malaybiswas would have been correct not very long ago. I am sure his intentions were absolutely honourable and not an attempt to misidentify his rotala rotundifolia as what has been reclassified as rotala indica. Many plant purveyors including tropica are often out of date or unclear in their description. If you need to be sure the plant profiles section on this site or the plantfinder on APC are typically a more up to date source then other sites.

They are both wonderful plants and I admit I have never been able to get my rotala rotundifolia as pink as malaybiswas has gotten his (damn hard water).
I hope this was helpful, I hope I am accurate and havent offended anyone in the process.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oops, this should have been a separate thread of it's own but I understand it now. I have always trusted tropica on the information, but I guess things keep changing. Anyways, it just happened that I had planned to visit aqua forest today, and since this dialog started just before I was starting off, I checked with them and 2 out of the 3 identified rotala rotundifolia as rotala indica but the main guy (who IS knowledgable) did know the difference.

Guess I need to correct it now.

So no offense to anybody, but just because nobody else opposed it does not mean I won't too as long as I am not sure that I know it wrong.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice looking plants malay. If only I had room.
NP. Since you are so close, LMK when you are ready to clean up some space, we can trade some then.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really want to end the conversation on the indica conflict, but I just had to add this post. Looking at this thread, this is my first s&s post on which I got most replies (of any sort other than bumps :))

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any word on Pluto's current status? Is it Pluto Indica or Pluto Rotundifolia. Just funnin. By the way marrow, that was respectfully stated, to the extreme. Knowledge from the meek or the mighty has no more worth than the value of it's truth.

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
This thread has automatically been closed by the forum. All sales threads are closed automatically after 31 days by the forum software as per our Swap N Shop rules unless you are a Power Seller. If you have any concerns you can contact the forum staff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.