The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to lack of interest I'm selling these openly.

I have around 8 healthy stems of Tonina sp. "Belem".

Trade for:

Cabomba furcata
Cabomba palaeformis
Cabomba aquatica
Limnophila sp. "Gigantea"
rare Myriophyllums

For open sale, I'll say $15 shipped.

Pm me or reply in thread.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
LOL, I have just the opposite problem with Belem.
roots go straight down but crowns look like crap.
my substrate is Eco-Complete with 4wpg lighting,
but I don't have compressed Co2, so that could
be why my Belem keeps failing.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
My Tonina does really really well. I think the key is soft water/acidic pH. and CO2.
MR. B...I threw out an H balsamica the size of a huge tree because no one bit on it, but I did give a cutting to Betowess, so you may want to ask him if he has some to spare. It grows so huge, so fast, that if he still has the plant, I am sure he can spare some.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Tonina does really really well. I think the key is soft water/acidic pH. and CO2.
MR. B...I threw out an H balsamica the size of a huge tree because no one bit on it, but I did give a cutting to Betowess, so you may want to ask him if he has some to spare. It grows so huge, so fast, that if he still has the plant, I am sure he can spare some.
Oh I know. I have zero kh/gh, pH around 4. It does fantastic. I have three times as many crowns as when I started about a month and a half ago.

Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just took a few bunches of Tuberculatum to my lfs. Let me know if you want this plant.. I will have some more shortly.

Cheers, Whitepine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.