Includes:
Swagelok 1/8" MNPT close nipple
Swagelok 1/8" street elbow
2 1/8"xbarb fittings

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you need less than 1bps...this is not for you. Anything over that...set it and forget it! (boooo)

·
Plant Clown
4,729 Posts
It's an "M" series Swagelok with a Cv of .03. Yes, this will work fine, and is a good price (it's $60 direct from Swagelok *without* the Vernier handle). And it's plated, so it'll work aesthetically well with a stainless/chrome rig. It's not nearly as specific as an "S" series, but relatively few people actually have one of those. It's capable of much finer tuning than any Clippard valve or the SMC AS-1200 (which I use three of, and am very happy with), as well as the Fabco-Air NV-55(-18). And, it's an angle-pattern valve, which means it's ideally suited to work attached to a rig and bubble counter (not that you have to use it that way). The reason it won't work at under around 1bps is that it's not designed to close completely. Beyond that, you should have really good control of gas flow.

You'll want at least one tube-to-NPT adapter to use it connected to a rig, but those are pretty cheap.

Here's Bettatail's metering valve thread, which includes M series info:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/equipment/135669-metering-needle-valves-selection-our-co2.html

And here's the Swagelok catalog for it:
http://www.swagelok.com/downloads/webcatalogs/EN/MS-01-142.pdf

All in all, it's a good metering valve at a good price. So ...bump.

Oh, and my apologies to mulm if my input isn't necessary or appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
ahh, totally forgot the M metering valve you have and didn't see this thread early, or I would grab it.

anyway, I've already have the Vernier handle version, M series or S series, but never feel have enough...

and vernier handle HOKE millimite metering valve too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts