The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well time for another thread they just get sooooo long so quick! Hopefully everyone with any questions about my motives had their questions answered in the other three threads I had. The last one I had is linked here. The others can be found here and there is a link to the first one there too.

It will be $5 for the first oz of the food then $4 per oz (you can also break it up into .5 oz sizes, just do the math). This includes shipping and if you don't want a half pound that will go stale in 6 months then here where it is at. I decided to make a change to shipping. There have been more problems with USPS messing up/loosing destroying some packages as of late so I think I should give an options for shipping. Normally I throw in shipping for free with orders that are of 4oz or more ($13 shipped 1st class). Since there have been issues what I am going to do from now on if the package hasn't arrived in 14 days from shipment date I will reship as long as the purchaser pays $3 for reshipping. Now though I am going to give the option of priority shipping for $6 so the package can be tracked and also it will arrive faster. I will charge $3 to reship plus 30% of total food order but if you choose the priority option I will reship for FREE if the package has not arrived within one week of shipping date!

WHEN YOU MAKE THE PAYMENT THROUGH PAYPAL PUT YOUR ORDER IN THE MESSAGE BOX SO I HAVE EASY ACCESS TO WHAT YOU ARE GETTING. IF YOU DON'T YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT GET!!! ;)

Due to popular demand and wanting to make it an EVEN better deal I offer 4oz of food for $13 shipped, Cant beat it for that kind of amount and also the variety. I mean you can get .5oz of 8 different foods for $13 SHIPPED!!!

First class shipping in bubble mailers is free. If you want priority, or are going to be getting 13 oz or more then that will be $6 I will only be shipping on Fridays after tomorrow (9-11-11)

I have:

Earthworm flake-My CRS LOVE this stuff and the protein really helps with speedy egg development

Spirulina flake- Shrimp LOVE this as well

Beef heart flake-My discus display magnificent colors since getting this.

Super Tropical Flake-A great everyday fish food (similar to Tetra color or the like) This is pretty much the improved version of the Regular Tropical Food flake which I no longer offer since I can provide this, an even more beneficial food at the same price!!! :)

Kens Premium Color Max Flakes *GONE*
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r288/bsmith782/work%20pics/kensfood11-10-10008.jpg[/IM[U][/U]G]
Premium Meat & Spirulina wafers *GONE*-Loaded with meat and Spirulina. Great for meat eating fish that like to feed on the substrate.
[IMG]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r288/bsmith782/food2-25-11001.jpg
Spirulina sticks

Earthworm sticks

Soft and moist with Krill *GONE* -Great conditioning food for bottom dwellers and mid swimmers a like. Lots of good stuff in these, best kept in the freezer or fridge if your not using a ton of it due to all of the beneficial goodness.

Kens Premium Sinking Color Bits

Kens Premium Super Color Pellets 3.0 mm

Sinking 4 Bit blend ~~~ONLY 3.5oz LEFT~~~ - A mix of Egg bits, Earth Worm Bits, Spirulina Bits and Color Bits. Excellent food for all fish with a wide variety of proteins and plant matter to help enhance breeding and condition.

Kens Premium 2.0 mm Slow Sinking Growth Pellets *GONE*

Tropical Green Granule 1.2mm-This is a pellet that is formulated with a unique proprietary blend of algae that lends to it's striking green coloration. It is a super healthy pro-biotic food that aids in digestion and overall wellness of your animals!

Kens Premium Vegetable Sticks With Calcium

Super color crumble #2 -This stuff is really different than ANY food I have ever seen. It feels like fresh coffee grounds and smells like a wonderful mix of animal and plant proteins! This stuff is a game changer!

Premium Fry Crumble #3 ~~~ONLY 3oz LEFT~~~- Contains Spirulina, Krill and natural color enhancers. Give your fry a great start!

Just for a visual reference. This is one oz of beef heart flakes and one oz of earthworm flakes. Its ALLOT of food for $9 shipped!

So since I'm getting a lot of messages from people who are wanting food for specific animals I'm going to put together some different mixes so the consumer would just have to pinch from one bag instead of mixing, not having enough of a singular food because they mixed too much X flake into it whatever.

All of these mixes will be sold in 1 2 and 4 oz portions for $5.50/$9.50/$16 respectively.

Flakes

Shrimp Growth Mix-Will be a mix of earthworm/beef heart & spirulina flakes. Earthworm and beef heart are great sources of protein and the spriulina is fantastic vegetable matter with a good amount of Ca for good shell growth.

Shrimp/Snail Egg Production Mix-Will be a mix of Beef heart,Earth Worm flakes and Colormax. Beef heart and Earthworm are the sources of protein which is what egg production mainly relies on the Color max also has a great amount of fish protein and will also keep them healthier and better looking during the trying process of reproduction.

Colormax+ Mix-Will be a mixture of Colormax, and Super Tropical Flakes. I see the best result in my discus when I feed an even ratio of Colormax and Super Tropical flake which contains plant proteins and omegas that are great for fish/shrimp/anything in the tank!

Sticks

Shrimp/Invert/Bottom Dweller Growth Stick Mix-Will contain Spirulina sticks, Veggie sticks w/Ca, and slow sinking growth pellets. This is great for large shrimp tanks and also for any bottom feeders that like these foods. You could also snap the pieces in bits for smaller tanks/less shrimp or animals.

Breeding & Conditioning Stick Mix-Will contain Spirulina sticks, Sinking Color Pellets, Fry Crumble and Super Color Pellets. Spirulina is a good balance of properties, Sinking color pellets are full of good fiber to aid in digestion and the Super Color Pellets have nice amounts of protein and fat to help weather the storm.

Super Color Mix+-Will contain Sinking Color Bits, Super Color Pellets and Soft & Moist w/Krill. I feed this to my pleco breeding tank once a week since the other foods are more based on breeding and this evens it out a bit.

Please if you would like to discuss your own mix shoot me a PM!

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the fish food my fish are already showing more color. I had no idea the difference it would make. Never knew how people got there cherry shrimp to show up so red figured they photoshopped them. Will definitely be making another order in the near future.
Thats great. I don't keep cherries but it is very good to know that they color up nicely with the foods. What are you finding works best/they like the best?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey! PM coming your way.

By the way, my LFBN plecos went nutso over the spirulina sitcks and the premium veggie sticks. The parents stayed in great shape even with stress of constant spawning (they were shameless!), and the fry went right to both varieties of sticks. Imagine a handful of tiny fry all sharing the same stick. :) So if anyone's reading and wants to know what to get for plecos that like veggie-based diets, try the spirulina sticks or the premium veggie sticks!

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE~~~~~~~~

I noted the foods that I am currently out of and also noted the amounts of the foods I have left that are in short supply.

Out of Colormax Flake, Meat and Spirulina Wafers, Soft and moist w/krill, Sinking Growth Pellets.

Also, I only have 3oz of the premium Fry Crumble and 3.5oz of the 4 Bit Blend!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got my food today - WOW, the portions were huge! Just wanted to say thanks for great food at a great price! I've always wanted to try the Ken's foods but didn't know what I would ever do with a 1/2 lb of the stuff, now I finally got the chance and got to sample a bunch of different foods as well - thanks again!

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PM'd. Forgot to ask for your paypal addy though. lol.
Bump for a great product and excellent service!
got my food today and whoa! 1oz doesn't seem like a lot but GEEZ i have enough food here for a good while!!!

thumbs up for such a good price and awesome product!!
I got my food today - WOW, the portions were huge! Just wanted to say thanks for great food at a great price! I've always wanted to try the Ken's foods but didn't know what I would ever do with a 1/2 lb of the stuff, now I finally got the chance and got to sample a bunch of different foods as well - thanks again!
Thanks everyone for the nice words. I just got back into town this evening so anyone who pmd me for info will be responded to here shortly. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Food came today. Should be interesting to see how they react to the new foods and finding a mix that works well for them.

Thanks for doing this. It must be a PIA to measure and bag the stuff for so little pay. lol

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Food came today. Should be interesting to see how they react to the new foods and finding a mix that works well for them.

Thanks for doing this. It must be a PIA to measure and bag the stuff for so little pay. lol
Really, you have no idea! But its what I signed up for and it seems to have helped a lot of people find a product that helps them enjoy the hobby more. Whether that be from having their animals show better coloration/act more natural due to a more nutritional diet or because it has actually allowed some people to get their fauna to breed after a short time of using this stuff.

Its not always easy coming home to a 1 year old and a wife after a 14h day to measure out .5 (and sometimes .25oz) portions of food but I believe I will be doing it for the foreseeable future.

It certainly helps when people post encouraging words like yours! :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Got my shipment a few days back, and my fish are absolutely loving their new food. 4 ounces is a huge amount for the few and tiny fish I keep; I have enough food for way more than a year. Thanks, bsmith, for the great selection and quality of goodies.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
After only a few days of trying several of the foods it seems the small BNP's are really going for the Tropical Green Granules. They go for the others as well but this one it looks like nearly all 25 BNP's are feeding on it at the same time. lol They come from all sides of the tank within seconds. lol

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.