The Planted Tank Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Currently sold out, I'll be expecting another shipment mid to late September. Please contact
Alpha Pro Breeders for individual purchases.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/alpha-pro-breeders/133558-shirakura-products.html
Thanks
J-P

For Sale: Shirakura Specialized Shrimp Foods!

Ebi Dama Staple Shrimp Food (80g): $17 + Shipping.

Ebi Dama Special Supplementary Shrimp Food (30g): $17 + Shipping

Chi Ebi Shrimp Fry Food (powdered) (20g): $17 + Shipping

Shipping will vary. It is recommended that a tracking number be used. You may combine shipping, but quantities are limited.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the thread. Interested parties may PM me the shipping details for quotation purposes.
:proud:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

I know Shirakura is a tad pricey but you really get what you pay for. If I can sell some of the stuff I have here I'd like to expand the product line to include more "value minded" product for the people who would want good stuff but can't justify paying top dollar.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
I will say that I had my reservations prior to buying my first bag of shirakura shrimp food. Now, they are all gone. It's great stuff and to put it into perspective I purchased that first 90g bag over two years ago. I still have about 1/4-1/5 of it left!

J-P is also a good member of this community and an excellent person to do business with. ;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
This is a big THANK YOU to JP. I am not going to go into details, but this guy really stands behind his products, and I am certainly a new customer.

Thanks so much, Merci!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
9am53: You are very welcome.

Some more info on Shirakura's Ebi Dama:

Ebi Dama Basic feed for shrimp
Shirakura Ebi Dama 80g

Basic feed for shrimp

Shirakura Ebi Dama - Basic feed for shrimps and crayfish is a herbal product. It is high in amino acids, natural vitamins and minerals. Ebi Dama promotes health, growth, colourfulness and good reproduction rates.

Main ingredients:

Seaweed, spirulina, chlorella, natural vitamins and minerals.

Shrimps are omnivores and as such, they also need animal proteins which are microorganisms and microbes in the found in the substrate. In order to grant sufficient supplies of such microbes, Takayuki Shirakura developed the rearing feed Chi Ebi. Chi Ebi serves as a nutrition basis not only for shrimp fry but also for microorganisms and thus support a healthy development of the population. These microorganisms dispose of feed residues and shrimp excrement which lie deeper down the substrate. If food residues and excrements are not removed, shrimps may die from the evolving poisonous substances. Shrimp fry are particularly at risk. This is the reason why Ebi Dama feed by Shirakura has a very firm consistency. It will not fall apart during feeding and sink into the substrate unused.

In relatively newly set-up aquariums in which the substrate is not yet sufficiently active, it is recommended to add high-quality feed, for example brine shrimp, once a week. It is also recommended to use Chi Ebi - rearing feed from the very beginning since it significantly accelerates the growth of the important microorganisms and microbes.

Usage

Feed Ebi Dama twice a day, twice a week in small amounts, but only as much as the shrimp can eat within one or two hours. Once the shrimp are full, leftovers should be removed from the aquarium.
Just as a side note: you will get used to feeding. I actually leave mine in the tank and only feed what can be consumed within 24 hours. The reason being is the fact that the reaction of the shrimp (shrimp ball), allows for feeding of a portion of the entire population. In order for the entire population to be adequately fed, I leave it in the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shirakura Chi-Ebi, food for shrimp fry seems to be the hot one.

Chi Ebi Special rearing feed for shrimp fry $17 + Shipping

Shirakura Chi Ebi 20g – rearing feed is a mixed feed, specially designed for baby shrimp with lots of important ingredients, which baby shrimps need particularly within their first few weeks to ensure a healthy growth.

It also supports the growth and development of microorganisms (zooplankton) the invisible microbes which dispose of food residues and excrements and are an important part of the baby shrimps' diet.

How popular and important this is for the shrimps can be witnessed if you carefully dig up the substrate with your hand. It often only takes a few seconds until the shrimps will gather in exactly this spot to cover their need for animal proteins by eating the zooplankton and other microbes. It is recommended to regularly feed Chi Ebi (Please also see feeding recommendations).

Usage:

60 cm (24 inch) aquarium: 1 level spoon* every second day

100 cm (39.5 inch) aquarium: 1 heaped spoon* every second day

Vary depending on how many animals the aquarium houses

* Spoon included

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Swimz ... if you need stuff, Alpha Pro Breeders has it in stock.

Also there is a new comer Dan Ly out of California which also will have stock next week. =)

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
This thread has automatically been closed by the forum. All sales threads are closed automatically after 31 days by the forum software as per our Swap N Shop rules unless you are a Power Seller. If you have any concerns you can contact the forum staff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.