The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Süßwassertang available for sale again.

(photo courtesy of rain- Thank you!)

Nice 2" x 2" portion!

$25 for each portion includes shipping! ;)

Mike

·
Registered
714 Posts
It is a rather new and rare one. Even though it looks like moss, Dr Benito Tan said that it is an unidentified fern gametophyte. It's soft and forms loose balls when it grows freely which look like green snowballs. It can be either tied to a steel rod, rock, root, weighed down with coarse mesh (or like I do, weighed down with a stainless steel rod spiral) or just let roam freely around the tank.

It's definitely one of my favorites, looks good in a planted tank, doesn't demand much and is also ideal with fish/shrimp fry because of it's loose form (a nice labyrinth for the babies). :)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
It is a very cool looking plant, I received some from mike awhile back and it arrived in great shape.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I'm in - I gotta get one Mike! Please send me the paypal email.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Actually according the the victrinet WEB site it is an unidentified liverwort, but is this the real thing? I read in another post that a sponsor is selling Pellia as Süßwassertang

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See the picture rain- was kind enough to loan to me?

My plants are daughters of that plant, so yes, it is the real thing.

Mike

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, and Robert, please don't start a flame war with "the other sponsor selling Pellia as Süßwassertang" in my little for sale thread.

Mike

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No it doesn't.

It is the real deal, Robert. The plant was IDed for rain- by Dr. Tan himself.

ADDED: I have grown and sold "Pellia" as well.

Mike

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I don't doubt you Mike! relax! I have been trying to gather more information about this plant., and no don't worry, I am not trying to start any flame whatever... just trying to stay current on whats going on out there.

Can you share any information on how you grow this? Do you think other people might be interested in hearing about it?

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys are so competitive that you can never tell what is happening!! :hihi:

Can you share any information on how you grow this? Do you think other people might be interested in hearing about it?
I do think folks would be interested in hearing more about the plant. How about starting a thread in the "Plant" section, Robert. I think that would be the best place to continue the discussion. That way everyone could get in on the chat! :icon_wink

Mike

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have some more for sale.

Same sized portion as offered previously, $15 shipped.

PayPal only. Both CC and non-CC fine with me! :icon_wink

Mike

1 - 20 of 33 Posts