Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD OUT

It's time to trim the p. stellatus in my 100g. I have about 20 stems of the stuff. 10 stems for $10 shipped, or take all for $14.

They're coming from this tank. This is a picture from last week, they've reached the top now. :)

This is an old photo from the p. stellatus but it has the same nice coloring toward the top of the stems.

I'll be trimming tomorrow night and shipping on Monday.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I am sure you know what plant you have, but that second close up pic almost looks like it is Limnophila Aromatica and the way it is growing in the first pic resembles it too. Just inquiring.
Could be - I really haven't had the time to look at them closely. I floated them in my Q tank last night just as the lights were going off.

Regardless of what they are they are very healthy and beautiful plants that Emmanuel sent me and I am quite happy with my S&S.

If they are L. Aromatica that's fine also. I've never tried them before.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have had both and they are both very beautiful plants and his looks very healthy in the pics.
Was L. Aromatica harder or easier than P. Stellatus? P. Stellatus grew like a weed in my 90. But I rescaped and got rid of all of it. Then I missed it. But if the plant that I got from Emmanuel grows in my tanks like it grows in Emmauel's I'll be happy with that.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the plant from gmccreedy some time ago and he had it listed as Pogostemon stellatus 'Broad Leaf'. I hope it does well for you.

Maybe he can chime in? I'll make sure to look up the differences when I have more time on my hands... mid-terms are coming up (yikes!).

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
If it is the broad leaf then that makes more sense. I have both the broad leaf and Limno A. both in my tank right now and they look very similar but that second pic looks so much more like L. Aromatica but gmccreedy knows his stuff so I am sure that it is the broad leaf P. Stella

To answer your question Ed.....P Stella narrow leaf was harder to grow then L Aromatica. The P Stella narrow leaf wanted to get leggy and then stunt. I had one time when it grew perfect for me and looked stunning. Here is a pic of it

Now the Broad leaf P Stella has been much easier to grow then the narrrow leaf but I still love the deep purple color that the narrow leaf has.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
P Stella narrow leaf was harder to grow then L Aromatica. The P Stella narrow leaf wanted to get leggy and then stunt.
I have to stay on top of mine to avoid it stunting. I think it's CO2 related in my case. If it gets too thick some of the new growth starts coming in all twisted or if my flow's down from a filter needing to be cleaned it seems to happen also. As long as I keep good flow by cleaning the filters and/or not let them get to thick, growth is normal. Other than that it grows pretty well.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have to stay on top of mine to avoid it stunting. I think it's CO2 related in my case. If it gets too thick some of the new growth starts coming in all twisted or if my flow's down from a filter needing to be cleaned it seems to happen also. As long as I keep good flow by cleaning the filters and/or not let them get to thick, growth is normal. Other than that it grows pretty well.
Jeff.....you have some of the most B-E-A-utiful narrow leaf P. Stella I have seen! I really wish I could grow mine as well as you grow yours.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Now that I have had this plant for a bit. I believe it is the broadleaf variety. Regardless of that..... The plants that Emmanuel sent me are the BEST and HEALTHIEST plants that I have ever purchased!!!!!! Thanks again Emmauel!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I am sure you know what plant you have, but that second close up pic almost looks like it is Limnophila Aromatica and the way it is growing in the first pic resembles it too. Just inquiring.
I feel 99% sure that second photo is L. aromatica.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When I look at the FTS in the 1st post, there is one stem that is taller then all the others and has a different leaf shape, that one is the P. Stella Broad Leaf, and the rest is L. Aromatica and that second pic is L. Aromatica
That one used to look just like the other stems when I had it in my 29g tank. It was neglected during the summer while I was out of town, and I found it growing as such when I returned. The base had the original shape.

When they grow some more, I'll take a side-by-side pic of both stem types for comparison. They're just starting to recover from the trim.

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
This thread has automatically been closed by the forum. All sales threads are closed automatically after 31 days by the forum software as per our Swap N Shop rules unless you are a Power Seller. If you have any concerns you can contact the forum staff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.