The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have some nice big healthy stems available.

$2 a stem-I have about 18 available in total. For multiple stems I will reduce the price. Shipping will be $5 USPS priority for any amount of stems ordered. Please pm me and post a message here. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally wait till the newer growing shoots get longer and then pull them off and replant. After doing this several times the main stem will start to look ratty, then I toss the main stem. by this time I would have like 6 side shoots already replanted. I have heard some people actually top the plant after it is well rooted but mine didnt grow to well after I topped them.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I have heard some people actually top the plant after it is well rooted but mine didn't grow to well after I topped them.
I'm sorry, my English is rusty... what does the verb to "top the plant" mean?

if you simply leave the side stems to grow off the main stem what will your plant look like?
will the six new stems eventually surround, crowd and overshadow the original center stem?

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
It means to cutt the top and leave the bottoms still rooted in the soil.
ahhh, that makes a lot of sense, thanks for the explanation. cut the center mature top that was shading the other 6 plantlets, leave all the roots intact, and give the plantlets a chance to grow up and out of the root system they all share. very interesting. I have a few Downoi that Wolf sent me, and they are just about ready to be "topped off" ;)

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have some nice big healthy stems available.

$2 a stem-I have about 18 available in total. For multiple stems I will reduce the price. Shipping will be $5 USPS priority for any amount of stems ordered. Please pm me and post a message here. Thank you!
Chia,

If you have more pm me.

Thank you,

-Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts