·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have some pleco fry available.

1" Red Marble Calico Longfin Fry-$15/each:

Longfin Bristlenose (with albino gene) 2"-$12/each

F1 Zebra pleco fry 1.5" $200/each

F1 L333 1" Fry-$10/each:(pic from species profile on URL below)

Information on this fish
|||||||||||||||||||||||
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
http://planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=1024

Shipping is available, with UPS or USPS.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Wow, your zebra plecos are beautiful!

*edit*

The link for info on the L3333 doesn't work, and the one you posted with the photo gives nothing but the picture, no info. Just giving you a heads up. :icon_wink

2nd edit:

Ahh, it's L333.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Does the red marble look and grow up to look significantly different than the brown longfin? (I've got a brown longfin mom and lots of babies :)). May try those to try my hand at red marbles too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Information on keeping and species profile of L333 Babies:

Dont get too big, usually hit 2" inside of 6mos.

Red Marble Calico Pleco's are a colour sport Ancistrus species pleco. Depending on their environment they tend to blend. Like if their out in the open and have no coverings they will get very light and look nearly albino. When around driftwood and darker colouring decor, they will show that kind of colorations. Basically Happy=color not happy=albino color looking.(stressed)

Have had some new babies born this past week, from been working on researching how the albinsm gene works with the calico species and albino mother. End result so far, has been regular and longfin brown bristlenose, containing the following genes:
LF & SF Brown
LF & SF Albino
LF & SF Red marble calico

So can imagine what kind of offpspring the offspring will bring :eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, all these plecos get along with community fish :)

Now the L240 Vampire pleco on the other hand would want to worry about, now that would even attack my little cichlids when coming feeding time lol.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Information on keeping and species profile of L333 Babies:

Dont get too big, usually hit 2" inside of 6mos.

Red Marble Calico Pleco's are a colour sport Ancistrus species pleco. Depending on their environment they tend to blend. Like if their out in the open and have no coverings they will get very light and look nearly albino. When around driftwood and darker colouring decor, they will show that kind of colorations. Basically Happy=color not happy=albino color looking.(stressed)

Have had some new babies born this past week, from been working on researching how the albinsm gene works with the calico species and albino mother. End result so far, has been regular and longfin brown bristlenose, containing the following genes:
LF & SF Brown
LF & SF Albino
LF & SF Red marble calico

So can imagine what kind of offpspring the offspring will bring :eek:
That's kinda like my female brown, she can turn a nice mottled light grey or brown with a light striped tail. Was wondering if they keep a distinctive red. She threw a lot of brown LF & SF babies too (with a few albino, but I have an albino LF female in there too, dad is an albino sf)

Tina

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Do you have feedback or credentials online? ebay,other forum etc.?

I would like to buy the zebras, price break if I buy all that is pictured? Please pm price shipped for all to 77088. Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
pm sent.

Cheers, Whitepine

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not a typo ;)

If I could afford a breeding pair and was able to get them to breed, I'd be able to pay my bills just off the profits of the fish! Paychecks would be play money at that point.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.