The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My pearl grass/weed (hemianthus micranthemoides) needs a major trim! Each portion is $12 shipped priority usps wrapped in moist newsprint, ziplocked, and sealed in a bubble wrap envelope. 5 portions available (see pictures of actual portions further down in the thread) Non credit card paypal only please. Thanks!

Here's a picture of where the trimmings will be coming from...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say it's fairly easy to grow. From my own experience it can grow under low and medium light, but it will be a lot taller and have fewer off-shoots. Under high light it grows much more compact.

The two pictures on top are grown under low/medium light and the bottom two pictures are cuttings from the lower light tank placed in a nano with high light for a few weeks... you can see the amount of stem between the nodes/leaves is shorter in the plants under high light... plus it creeps horizontally more rather than growing straight up (ignore the color difference in the pictures since the lights above the two tanks are different spectrums).

As for killing/outgrowing other plants... I haven't had any casualties and I've got slower growing mosses in my tank too. If you don't trim it down periodically though I could see it shading your other plants and that probably wouldn't be too good for them in the long run. I guess it really depends on how you plan on using it and how you maintain it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
ill take some, let me know how much will be included in my order after you cut, and where to send paypal and it should be a deal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great... Well after looking at the tanks today again, I might have more than I thought so I can probably do 3 good sized portions. I'm going to try and trim down and ship by this Saturday so I'll update everyone interested before then on portion sizes and availability.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here are the pictures of the actual plants you will be getting! You will get, at random, one of the 5 freshly trimmed portions in the pictures below...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since nobody has claimed any portions yet, everything is now up for grabbs!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
2 Portions sold... 3 still available.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I sure hope you are including heat packs at that price,
cause north central and east will be frozen all week.
it is -20f here tonight. I hope the plants arrive in good conditions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the heads-up guys, I'm all over it...

- plants separated into two separate ziploc bags with moist newsprint
- bags slightly puffed with air to decrease smashing and for cushioning
- ziploc bags stacked and wrapped in 3 layers of newspaper for insulation
- everything wrapped again in a plastic bag for another layer of protection
- package dropped into usps priority mail box (free at your local post office)
- packing slip added
- heat pack activated and added right before package is sealed and sent

1 - 12 of 12 Posts