The Planted Tank Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Guys I bought some MTS from someone on Ebay about 2 months ago (20) and now I know I have about 80.
And in another 2 months, you'll have too many to count! :icon_mrgr They're great for stirring up sand and other fine substrates. I have them in a tank with ecocomplete and you can actually see the substrate moving during the day.

·
Registered
41 Posts
thats pretty cool that you can actually watch it move, theyre easy on plants arent they(ive kinda heard both ways)

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
my 3 assassins cant keep up with my MTS population. all of these MTS are related to the 4-5 i got for free from a LFS

they don't harm the plants at all and pretty much disappear during the day. Though, i have a ton of empty shells scattered around my substrate.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I went to my LFS today & happened to see that most of their tanks have MTS's in them.... I've been there many times & hadn't noticed any of these before until today, after reading this post & wanting to get some to clean my tank hearing about how they burrow in the substrate...... The girl at the store told me that they've always had them, they are a problem, they end up in their filtration system & once you have them in your tank you can't get rid of them..... She gave me a bag with about 20 in it & now, before I put them in my tank, I'm wondering...Am I going to wish I hadn't??????????

Also, my concern is: Are these snails going to kill my Red Rams Horn Snails?????

Any help would be good here. Thank you

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
This thread has automatically been closed by the forum. All sales threads are closed automatically after 31 days by the forum software as per our Swap N Shop rules unless you are a Power Seller. If you have any concerns you can contact the forum staff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.