The Planted Tank Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Celestial Pearl Danios available!! These are a very good size, ready to breed! They are much bigger than the ones I was selling before :-D. Price is still the same. $3.50 per~~ Buy 30 or more for 3.00 each.
No picture, they all look the same so just google it :p Too hard to catch on my camera.

Sterbai Cory - $5 each or if you buy 10 or more, 4.50 each

Boraras Brigittae - $2 ea or 1.70 if you buy 15 or more.

Golden Rabbit Snail - $6
Golden Rabbit.JPG

King Snail - $7
King.JPG

Green Turtle Snail - $5 (sold out)
Green Turtle.JPG

Clithon Corona - $6.50
Clithon Corona.JPG

Clithon sp. - $5.50
Horned.JPG

Shipping is $8. Can be combined with a plant order in my plant thread.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Tiger Nerite - $3.50 (sold out)
Tiger.JPG

Zebra Nerite - $3.50
Zebra.JPG

Turtle Snail - $4.00 (very cool)
Turtle.JPG

Shrimp:
Red Nose Shrimp - $3.00 ea
Red Nose.JPG

Shipping is $8. Can be combined with a plant order in my plant thread.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The green turtle snail is like a limpet. Like all other snails, keep them in moderately alkaline water or so to keep shell pristine. Although in terms of survival, it is not needed. I keep many snails in less than ideal ph for their shells (lol). It does NOT have a trapdoor or protection on the underside of its body, so like I said, it's like a limpet. Really cool looking one! It's a must have for collectors in my opinion :)

The turtle snail on the other hand does have a trapdoor but the shape of its shell is clearly a little different. Treat like any other nerite.

All will eat spot algae of your glass, so this is a plus, plus, plus :-D

Looks unique AND it cleans your tank. I don't see where you lose!

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which of these snails can reproduce in freshwater? i'd really like some cooler snails, but I'd rather have ones that can sustain a population.
None, I don't know of any nerites available in the hobby that reproduce in freshwater. They live a good year or two though, so it's not too bad.
These snails are very cool looking but I guess the trade-off for that cool factor is their inability to breed in FW.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
which of these snails can reproduce in freshwater? i'd really like some cooler snails, but I'd rather have ones that can sustain a population.
None, I don't know of any nerites available in the hobby that reproduce in freshwater. They live a good year or two though, so it's not too bad.
These snails are very cool looking but I guess the trade-off for that cool factor is their inability to breed in FW.
I thought Sulawesi Snails have been successfully bred in FW

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought Sulawesi Snails have been successfully bred in FW
You're right, I forgot I had sulawesi snails up. LOL!
Yes, sulawesi snails do and will breed in FW. They are livebearers, carrying the eggs inside of them until they hatch and pop out as new snails.

Nerites do NOT breed in FW. This includes the turtle snails.

Thank you for correcting me ZTM.

·
Registered
25 Posts
egg laying snail

Even though these snails do not reproduce in FW, is it not true that they do lay white colored eggs? And that they can cover the tank with white eggs in a very short time?

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even though these snails do not reproduce in FW, is it not true that they do lay white colored eggs? And that they can cover the tank with white eggs in a very short time?

Bob
They do lay eggs but cover a tank in a very short time? Sounds a bit outrageous...
No, the egg laying problem is not a very big problem and almost unnoticeable. You can scrape them off easily or just wait till they fall off.

Eggs should not pose a problem to anyone, unless that person is really anal about things.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Water parameters?

Can you tell me the basic water parameters you keep the Golden Rabbit Snail and King snails in? I see cardinals in one pic... are you keeping them in high temp/pH? Thanks!

edit: put wrong snail in first time. Doh.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you tell me the basic water parameters you keep the Golden Rabbit Snail and King snails in? I see cardinals in one pic... are you keeping them in high temp/pH? Thanks!

edit: put wrong snail in first time. Doh.
I am keeping them in ph of 7.6-7.8. Temp of 80-82f. Kh and Gh, no clue. TDS, no clue. lol.

They're much hardier than the shrimp, I can tell you that. I have other golden rabbits from a few months ago, living in my other tank upstairs. Temp is around 76-78, Ph of 7.2-7.4.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All green turtles are sold at this moment. Will update if I happen to find more!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mmmm...im soooooo tempted!!! I would love some more CPD's. The ones i got from you last time have put on great size and color, and i have been wanted to add to the population. Do you know if these are wild caught or CB?

Also tempted to try out a few of these snails. I have been feeding everything so heavily over the last month or so that im finally starting to grow algae in the tank...after about 9 months! haha I seriously went 7 months without ever cleaning algae off the glass.

Im not sure if im trying to talk myself into buying some of these, or trying to talk myself out of it, but its a free bump none the less! lol

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Green turtles are all SOLD OUT.
I had a lot of questions for this snail. They are similar to limpets, where they have no underside protection. They're VERY unique looking, I must say. Some aren't even green, they're like red/orange. Real cool. They do NOT eat plants, do NOT breed in freshwater and act similar to nerites. They will eat your algae off your glass.
Ph of 7+ is recommend, as always, to all snails because it helps maintain their shell's health but not needed for the snail's overall health. I do keep some in less than 7 ph water. Shells degrade overtime but it takes approx. a year to really seep into the snail.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.