The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Hope you all are loving the warm weather.

I have 4 multies up for sale. 3 males and 1 female.

If you dont know about them, here are a few facts:

# They are world's smallest described cichlids (Around 1")
# This batch would fit just perfect in a 10G.
# They live in shells (i have a few that I can share)
# The female rotates among the males for breeding (I have seen mine going with 2 of the 3 males I have). I also have many fries which are around 40 days old. No extra care for fries. Mom eats pallets and the small particles go to fries.
# They need hard water just like any other lake tanganyikan cichlid.
# They are known for their super cool, "bulldog like" attitude. I know it doesn't make sense right now if you haven't seen them in person. They really have a unique personality that not many fish have.
# They are perfect starting shell dwellers.

Reason for selling: I have them with one other species "Sumbu shell" and they are also shell dwellers so they are having a bit of conflict. And I really really want Sumbu shells to spawn.
They are $12 each which is even cheaper than what I paid for them when they were really small.
Here are a few photos of them. Sorry for the watermark. I hate to do that but you know, for the obvious reasons, I had to:

Here is an interesting video that I made of them. Watch in HD:

PM me if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wanted to say that's a beautiful video and pics. You're very talented.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Thank you jfritz :)

Just letting everyone know that they are gone. Thanks for looking.
On a side note, Aphy. Splendopleure Tiko Green have started breeding (look up the name on Google) and eggs or fries will be available soon. If you are a killi geek, you'll know what I'm talking about ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
What are the care requirements and compatibility of these killifish (Aphy. Splendopleure Tiko Green)? I might be interested in some once they are bigger.

I have a pretty tame planted community tank with some existing killifish (Fundulopanchax gardneri gold) plus a bunch of common fish like dwarf gouramis, neon tetras, serpae tetras, etc.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are the care requirements and compatibility of these killifish (Aphy. Splendopleure Tiko Green)? I might be interested in some once they are bigger.

I have a pretty tame planted community tank with some existing killifish (Fundulopanchax gardneri gold) plus a bunch of common fish like dwarf gouramis, neon tetras, serpae tetras, etc.
I always keep species separately so wont comment on keeping them in community tank. And killies with gouramis would definitely be not a good idea IMHO.
Killies can be territorial to other killies. I keep all my killies separate. I put male and female together only for 3-4 days and they breed. But my tanks are bare bottom without any plants. If you have plants and all, they certainly can live together. A 10G tank is sufficient for a pair. People even keep them in 3-4 gallon plastic shoe boxes.
They are mop spawners and like low pH. I have mine at around 6.2.
They are amazingly colorful. I will do a photoshoot of them, next week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts