The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time selling these little buggers. I have them in my 20L and whenever I feed a giant mass of them come from the shells and gravel to eat. I must have trillions of them...

Anyways, These guys are called Neolamprolugus multifasciatus. They are from lake tang in africa and are sooo cool. The males get a max length of 2.5 inches, females about half that size. They needs lots of snail shells to hide and breed in. Escargot shells work but I like turbo shells better.

they'll eat anything. Frozen, flake, you name it.

They are colony fish, and wont kill eachother. You can keep them in tanks as small as 10 gallons. I keep mine in a 20L with some harlequin rasboras and some danios.

You can keep them in planted tanks, however be forewarned they are eath movers. I keep mine in gravel, tho sand is best, and they take mouthfulls of the gravel and move mountains in hours.

They really are awesome fish.

Now, the ones im selling cannot be sexed yet as they are still somewhat small. I can't pick and choose them either. It'll be hard enough as is because they hide in snail shells...haha

I just have regular fish bags, however i will triple bag them to prevent leaks. They are small enough ammonia shouldn't be too much of an issue.

My guess is that they would survive priority, but personally I would go with express, which is overnight to most destinations, but the PO says 2-3 days. I just shipped a package of coral frags from MI to AL via express and they arrived the next day at 9 AM in the morning. A total of 24 hours travel time.

So, I'm selling them at 2 dollars a pop. More than half off what every other places are selling them for. I just want them gone...lmao

I'll put them at buy 5 get one free. so if you get 10, you get 2 free, etc.

Shipping priority shouldn't be too expensive, but express will be. I would say 10 bucks for priority, 40 for express.

So, summary...

N. multifasciatus---$2.00 each, buy 5 get on free
Priority shipping---$10.00
Express Shipping---$40.00

no garuntees, sorry...

Paypal accepted, pm me for more info, wants, needs, etc.

Thanks!!!

also I have duckweed and hornwort ROAKS...just pay shipping

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
These are some cool little fish. I'll vouch for that. I had two in my 39g until recently. They do move alot of gravel that's for damn sure. They also bite your fingers when you get near them during cleanings. Nippy lil buggers. However they do not randomly attack other fish as do other territorial cichlids.

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
shellies are fun. I don't keep them in my planted tanks, as they love to move things around to suit their needs and create territories. They are some of the most interesting fish to watch though!

You can sit and watch something that, in their minds, amounts to a glorious battle. This, of course, is one fish scooping sand, swimming as fast as he can to the other fish's shell and spitting the sand on top of it in an attempt to bury his home. It's hilarious!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope, this is the only place I've posted them. I dont think ive posted at all on aquaria central...haha

I do believe that I bought the fish for 5 bucks a piece. I started with 6, then had a million, then my nitrates spiked and killed all but 3, and now I have a bajillion again...haha

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I WANT THEM !!!!:) Look at this video http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5932851/Aquarium_54l_Schneckenbuntbarsche_aus_dem_Tanganjikasee

I thought about them a year ago or so, but I converted my 15g to shrimp tank instead. Then you posted:wink: and I am thinking of them again. I saw a RCS in this guy's video and I was wondering if they could get along well. What do you think? His 54l is about thesame tank as 15g so I have the right one already:biggrin:
So my question is- are you planning on selling them in the future or it's just a one time thing?
Water here in New York is very soft, but I have a lot of coral rock I brought back from the Keys that I can use. The guy on the video has a perfect white sand, do you guys know what it is?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pretty much any sand works.

They'll eat shrimp. For sure :D

I just bought breather bags, they should get here saturday, so I can ship out monday. I'll take orders.

I'm sure I'll be selling as long as I have these fish...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
pretty much any sand works.

They'll eat shrimp. For sure :D

I just bought breather bags, they should get here saturday, so I can ship out monday. I'll take orders.

I'm sure I'll be selling as long as I have these fish...
I'll think about that:) How many of them would you keep in 15G long tank?
What I was asking about the sand is that it looks great with it's bright white color and I don't know where to get one like this:)
I collected some sand right of the beach as well, so I can use it too:)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would start with 6. Thats what I did in my 20L...that way you can be sure to get a mix of sexes.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You could put a pair in their no problem, however, be warned that it is a small tank, and it will very quickly become over populated granted you got a true pair.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got breather bags in, so I can now ship in breather bags. I shipped some out the other day priority in regular fish bags and they all arrived alive and happy! after3 days in the mail!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.