The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some mineral rock from overseas for my newer tanks, and picked some up for you guys. This stuff is nice looking and a great quality product, not the cheap stuff you find on eBay, it also ROCKS! These are mironekuton, NOT montmorillonite, and it works great!

Mineral rock is a rare natural mineral found only in Japan. It releases mineral gradually and improves water quality, as well as encourages activation and growth of bacteria in the water. It reduces stress on livestock and encourages proper molting and breeding. It also improves photosynthesis, semiconductor action, mildly increases GH/PH and ion exchange ratio.

They come in two sizes, large and medium
Large ones are 20 dollars shipped, medium ones are 13 dollars shipped.

Large ones are good in tanks 20 gallons or more, medium ones are great for 10-20 gallon tanks.

They should last quite a long time. When I ordered them I drilled the exporter about it, and he said it should last up to 2 years, being slowly eaten by shrimp and dissolved into the water column.

I have had them in my tanks for a year now, and they're great! The will increase the TDS slowly, usually by around 30, but it only raises the GH less than a single degree. These are fantastic mineral rocks.

Here is a picture of 2 large ones and a medium one.

Please PM me for orders, I only have 20 pieces available, and they sell out generally within a few days. First PAID, first served!

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I has thought mironekuton was a brand name of montmorillnite clay, I realize now that I was mistaken. It's similar to montmorillonite, that it contains many minerals and is gray, however they are different. Think of it as high grade montmorillonite. I could send you a sample of each and you could determine that as well. I wasn't aware at the time that these mineral stones were mironekuton (and not calcium bentonite), I didn't figure that out until I was able to see an amount of mironekuton powder that I got as a sample. Sorry about that!

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So its hard to describe, but large ones are about the size of a racquet ball, medium are about a golf ball, or a little smaller. And yes, easy to break into smaller pieces, that's what I do with a large.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I has thought mironekuton was a brand name of montmorillnite clay, I realize now that I was mistaken. It's similar to montmorillonite, that it contains many minerals and is gray, however they are different. Think of it as high grade montmorillonite. I could send you a sample of each and you could determine that as well. I wasn't aware at the time that these mineral stones were mironekuton (and not calcium bentonite), I didn't figure that out until I was able to see an amount of mironekuton powder that I got as a sample. Sorry about that!
Thats what I figured but wanted to make certain :)

Can you take a pic with a ruler, lighter or whatever beside a med & large rock so that we can get a better idea of the size?

·
Registered
789 Posts
I would like to get a large one from you and I live just down the road from you.

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nope, there was an initial boom of orders, but I haven't kept up on my bumping, a lot of people pm'd me, but a lot never responded after the initial PM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts