The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 436 Posts

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gorgeous baby L144 Blue Eyed Yellow Bristlenose Plecos for sale $7.00 each. These are short fins from long finned parents. Pics of parents and babies below. These are great plecos for planted tanks! Peaceful in community tanks. Full grown at about 4". Size now about 1.5". The older they get the deeper their yellow coloring. Shipping USPS priority mail in insulated boxes in Kordon breather bags. Cash or cash paypal accepted for payment.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Geez folks, if you want to buy stuff this is how you do it...........

Debbi........... I'll take 2 of the long fins. PM me with the total and your PayPal addy.

Thanks,

RMC

See? Simple Huh!?

·
Registered
931 Posts
me too. i mean, it depends, because i dont really need the plecos, but theyre really cool and i could use a larger clean-up crew, so its a question of how much i want those completely sweet lookin', useful fish vs. how expensive they are.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments. They are stunning in the tank!

AzFishKid and demosthenes ... I need your zip codes to calculate shipping. Shipping is based on weight and distance traveled by the US post office. I do not add any costs to the shipping price for styrofoam insulated boxes or Kordon breather bags.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Can these interbreed with a normal ABNP and if so do you have any females that are a bit older hidden somewhere? ( I know its a bit of a stretch...)

Beautiful fish.

-Andrew

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Andrew they are still a bristlenose pleco, just a different species, so they will interbreed with any other BN no matter the color or species. But.....the L144's are not very common, months can go by and you won't find a single one for sale, so breeding them to a common albino would just dilute the L144 genes. I don't know what you'd wind up with crossing your albino with the L144 which is not an albino, its amelanistic. I don't have an older female for sale at this time. My breeding group is not yet fully mature so still waiting to see if I keep them all or not.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Andrew they are still a bristlenose pleco, just a different species, so they will interbreed with any other BN no matter the color or species.
Thats what I was thinking...

But.....the L144's are not very common, months can go by and you won't find a single one for sale, so breeding them to a common albino would just dilute the L144 genes. I don't know what you'd wind up with crossing your albino with the L144 which is not an albino, its amelanistic. I don't have an older female for sale at this time. My breeding group is not yet fully mature so still waiting to see if I keep them all or not.
Thats a good point.

If you still have any next week you might get a PM from me, but don't put any on hold.

-Andrew

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For anyone interested in long fins, I will know for sure Monday after I ship orders out just how many I have left. Caught a couple more shots of dad tonight.... and a few of my two week old batch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is an incredibly beautiful fish! I wish that I was already stocking my tank :(
Just let me know when your tank is ready. I always hang on to a few of the batch for several weeks to see how they continue to grow then sell them. And I have a new batch that is two weeks old. They'll be ready in about 8 weeks.

All orders paid for were shipped this morning. There are at least 15 short fins left.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am so sorry RMC, I think I had a totally blonde moment. :redface: I did not think your post was for an order, but used as an example for the other posters asking questions. Please accept my huge blonde apologies. I will PM you a total and be glad to get them to the post office tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 436 Posts