Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[EDIT 9/4 - MORE AVAILABLE]

I have 4 stems of Hygrophila lancea (Hygrophila sp. 'sarawak') available for sale. This plant is very rarely seen and hasn't been offered publicly for a few years as far as i know.

The stems were grown emersed and are about 2" tall. In my experience, given a decent amount of light, nutrients, and CO2, it converts from emersed to submerged growth very easily. It grows relatively slowly under water, and slightly faster above water-- though it's still pretty slow-growing in both forms. It maintains a dark green color emersed but turns a stunning dark red under water. It's easily one of my favorites. :smile:

I'm asking $30 per stem + $6 for shipping (USPS priority), with a tracking number included. I won't be selling this often so grab it while you can!

I'm also open to trades for other rare species, so let me know what you have!

"The fine print":
- There is a live arrival guarantee, though i can not (and will not) guarantee that it will convert without issues in your tank due to differences in tank parameters.
- I can not be held responsible for delays in shipping caused by USPS.
- Emersed-grown plants tend to ship a lot better than plants that were grown submerged, but if the plant does arrive DOA (assuming there were no delays in shipping), i will need a CLEAR picture of the plant within 1 hour of delivery in order for you to receive a refund for the plant (no refunds on shipping charges).
- Sorry, but i don't have any cold packs or styrofoam shipping containers. PLEASE WATCH YOUR WEATHER AND BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Emersed (photo of actual plants):

Submerged (source: APC plant finder):

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
I do have some rare crypts, they might be small but their still plants. Nurii, moehlmanni, affinis. Let's see I also have cuphea, Trithuria, Ludwigia pantanal, L.palustris x glandulosa, poly Sao Paulo, Tonina narrow leaf, syngonanthus madiera.

Ohhhh and if none of the above are alluring you I could give you one of my two echinodorus Aflame/purple knight......

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have some rare crypts, they might be small but their still plants. Nurii, moehlmanni, affinis. Let's see I also have cuphea, Trithuria, Ludwigia pantanal, L.palustris x glandulosa, poly Sao Paulo, Tonina narrow leaf, syngonanthus madiera.

Ohhhh and if none of the above are alluring you I could give you one of my two echinodorus Aflame/purple knight......
Send me a PM and we might be able to work something out.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Wow this plant is nearly impossible to find and a true beauty in growth and color. It won't invade your tank and shoot to the top like other Hygros. Buy it while you can folks! I'll have to get this again.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got a few more stems to hit the road... need just a few extra bucks to set up my 60-P. :)
Will include some freebies, too (Lindernia 'india' perhaps?). PM if interested.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Look, i'm not trying to take your money and run... i'm offering live arrival guarantee but i can't be responsible for anything that happens after that. This isn't exactly a new practice.
If the buyer wants i can probably go out and find some styrofoam lining, but i haven't had any problems with shipping emersed-grown plants in the heat yet. I've never shipped with a cold pack so until i figure out how to do so, i can't offer that service-- sorry.

Price lowered to $30.00/stem. This really is an awesome plant and i'd like to see it be spread around a bit. I don't want to hoard these cool plants but i'm not going to let them go for just a few bucks either.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
$30 for a rare aquatic plant is reasonable. Look at the prices of mass produced orchids and house plants. $30 will just pay for one T5HO Giesseman light bulb. It's a hobby that pays for itself, share the joy of having beautiful rare plants and maybe get a burger for lunch.

I got my Hygrophila lancea from AzFishKid.

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
This thread has automatically been closed by the forum. All sales threads are closed automatically after 31 days by the forum software as per our Swap N Shop rules unless you are a Power Seller. If you have any concerns you can contact the forum staff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.